Half witted AI algorythems

mirajejim
Contributor
Contributor

I lived in spain for many years and rarely used paypal. I have now returned to Uk and have been trying to update my personal details ie address, phone number. bank card. however it has proved impossible to get past the the half witted algorythem that wants to send codes and confirmations to a defunct phone number. and it would appear that it is impossible for anybody to have moved out of spain. I am great believer that A I stands for Automated Idiocy and my experiences today with paypal have reinforced that belief. HEY Pay Pal is there anybody there ?? or is it a case of lights are on but nobody is home.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mirajejim 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

There are some exceptions as some bank accounts can be linked to specific Paypal accounts in some countries.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mirajejim
Contributor
Contributor

You answer is not an unreasonable and makes some sense But I left Spain some time ago and have had a useful amount of credit sitting on my acc. I no longer have any active bank acc,s in spain so will see the difficulties that will cause. Also the algorythem will almost certainly respond with that email is already in use if I try to open a new acc. But I will try it. wish me luck

Login to Me Too

mirajejim
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have wasted another few hours of my life trying to satisfy the requirments of the the half witted algorythem but to no avail. in an effort to close my spanish acc I was able to link my uk bank card so as to withdraw my funds from that acc. But when I enter the acc IBAN to transfer my balance I am presented with, UNABLE TO PROCCESS YOUR REQUEST TRY AGAIN LATER. And that was after multiple password changes all of which but the last were rejected as incorrect. even then I had to answer the security questions to procceed. I am not a computer wizz kid but I had my first computer before Gates and  Windows heard of and all we had was DOS and no internet.  I wonder just how much money PayPal make from withheld funds and people like me who cannot satisfy the algorythems that there script kiddies come up with. PayPal email me for the address. I,ll take a cheque. and in future only deal with people who take direct payment by card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mirajejim 

in an effort to close my spanish acc I was able to link my uk bank card so as to withdraw my funds from that acc. But when I enter the acc IBAN to transfer my balance I am presented with, UNABLE TO PROCCESS YOUR REQUEST TRY AGAIN LATER. 

You obviously have not read or understood my above post. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.