Fees for payments received from eBay

HettyBJM
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I have a buyer who would like to cancel the purchase on eBay. If I refund the payment will the fee also be refunded? Thank you in advance!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HettyBJM 

Paypal don't refund fees, they charge you for processing fees from your buyer and then processing a refund for you back to the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HettyBJM 

Paypal don't refund fees, they charge you for processing fees from your buyer and then processing a refund for you back to the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HettyBJM
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass thanks. So if you need to refund a buyer (and it’s not your fault if they pull out of a sale) you end up paying PayPal a fee for nothing essentially as the payment from the buyer has gone in and then back to them!?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HettyBJM 

Well to be honest yes, but paypal consider that they have provided you with the service of processing both payment and refund for you so you pay them for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HettyBJM
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for clearing that up. Just annoying when other personal transactions don’t incur fees and now I’m paying fees as a result of something out of my control. You live and learn!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.