Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@juliaelderss2 

The Sri Lankan website shows that they can purchase only, they are in a non-receiving country and can't accept paypal payments.

@thusithawa 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Sri Lanka.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/lk/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

juliaelderss2
New Community Member

Yes, Paypal does support Sri Lanka. In 2018, Paypal announced that they had expanded their services to Sri Lanka, allowing individuals and businesses to send and receive payments online. This was the first time that Sri Lanka had been included in the network of countries accepted by Paypal.

Paypal is a safe and secure way to send and receive payments online, and it is accepted at a variety of stores and websites around the world. It is a convenient option for those who are looking for a way to make payments quickly and securely.

In order to use Paypal in Sri Lanka, users must have a valid debit or credit card from a participating bank. The bank must also be registered with Paypal in order to be able to process payments. Additionally, users must have a verified Paypal account in order to send and receive payments.

Paypal is a secure and convenient way to send and receive payments online, and it is now available to those in Sri Lanka.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@juliaelderss2 

The Sri Lankan website shows that they can purchase only, they are in a non-receiving country and can't accept paypal payments.

@thusithawa 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Sri Lanka.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/lk/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.