Dispute

Elizabeth4027
New Community Member
On the 8th February there was a pending payment for £34.99 which I was unaware what it was for. I downloaded an app called the gourmet society which I did not use but they sent me an email which went in to my junk box and said if I did not cancel the membership then I would be charged. I didn’t not see this as it went into my junk folder and was completely unaware that this was going to come out of my account. I rang my bank concerned and advised them to stop the payment as I didn’t have a clue what it was for and was worried that more money would come out. I called PayPal and a lady advised me that she was going to raise a dispute for me. I have since then not heard anything and have now received an email from a debt collector!!!! I have never been in debt in my life and would like to know if this will affect my credit rating? The app who charged me this are scammers. There are many google reviews as they have done this to lots people. I contacted them for a refund and they offered to refund me £5 which I declined. I have ended my membership and deleted the app. I use my PayPal account for everything I have been unable to use it which is frustrating as I have been waiting to here back regarding the dispute. Does anybody know if this would affect my credit rating as I am unable to get hold of PayPal? Thanks
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.