who is Digital River Ireland, Ltd.

Temp20230128b

i had money taken out on my account unauthorized

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

KieranRyan
Contributor
Contributor

I have commented in the overall thread below.. this is simply a heads up...

They might be "legal" and "compliant" ... personally I think otherwise, but they are, in my opinion, the single WORST entity I have experienced online in close on 30 years.

Login to Me Too

JOY4U
New Community Member

what do these people do

Login to Me Too

Harryal
Contributor
Contributor

I have had £74.99 take out, not knowing what it is for. Would be helpful if this company could say which company it is from

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aramia
Contributor
Contributor
I have also had £74.99 take out, not knowing what it is for. Paypal say it is an authorized transaction. So, in my oppinion, paypal is not safe.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aramia 

Guess you didn't bother to read my above post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aramia
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I bothered to read the post, as well as the others.  I have never accepted a trial and I have never bought something from this merchant. Next day after I receive receipt for "my payment",  I change the password and after this I receive an email from PayPal: "This email confirms that you have cancelled your billing agreement with Digital River Ireland Ltd. No further payments will be made from your PayPal account to this merchant." I need to tell you I didn't cancel anything,  I don't have any connection with this merchant. Maybe...  a hacker?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aramia 

Must have been in here.......

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nwithyman
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know if this will help but I've recently placed an order for a Lenovo laptop. All the financial matters are dealt with via Digital River Ireland. I understand that they act similarly for numerous other IT related companies.
Login to Me Too

MalcolmOdd

I had to help an elderly person deal with this. I deleted all future preapproved payments and they kept on reappearing. The only solution was to close the Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.