Derogatory credit reporting.

creriksen0302
New Community Member
I have never applied for any credit card or loans through paypal, but they put a derogatory mark on me lowering my credit score. How do I get ahold of someone to get this corrected.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jogirob
New Community Member

It looks like you got a credit alert as well? If it's anything like my situation PayPal itself isn't putting a negative mark on your account. Their hard inquiry into your credit is. If you run an online business or have a PayPal business account you should've gotten an email saying that they're sending you a PayPal Debit card to access your funds quicker. They have you opt out if you don't want it which is kind of shady in my opinion.

For me not only did they do a hard inquiry but it looks like an account was opened and then closed shortly after. This affects the average age of my credit accounts thus docking my score 6pts. I don't know what the heck they're thinking. Don't want to call in and yell at anyone because chances are the person handling calls aren't at fault.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.