Congratulations?

tealJsn
New Community Member
Why do they keep sending emails that say a person's name and congratulations! for a credit card to make it look like a pre-approval notification and then to have to apply for it as though it is standard advert. Is this like a legit strategy that the Federal Trade Commission permits? Because THIS seems like a deceptive practice to me, and they keep sending them over, and over, and over again so it then goes as a credit hit that I keep applying to the E-mail message because it looks like the e-mail for an approved card that I already have WHICH PayPal keeps sending when it reality means nothing. Why would they do this? Is this an actual deceptive practice?Can people report this to the FTC? PayPal DOES need to start having honest adverts about this stuff. It is ANNOYING ME this saturation strategy that IMITATES pre-approval acceptance. It is also strange. They should at least have to change the Email schedules to coincide with applicants submissions based on a list or because this is getting absurd. (It would appear is there now attempting this.) Is there anyone else who has considered complaining about this also? I mean this same thing thought of that maybe this should be reported to the FTC? Becuase they may be **bleep** with people? To see if they ARE actually allowed to be deceptive ABOVE the fine print. This isn't an honest practice either way. I'm just bothered as "bork" at how credit is marketed in the US. Not just with PayPal
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.