Buying Steam Wallet/Funds

erikjohn3355
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I'm completely new here so please bear with me.

I'm actually planning to buy steam funds, but I don't have any debit or credit card. I don't have any plan to withdraw any cash/money. I only have a passport, which I already linked/entered in my Paypal account. May I ask these questions?:

1. Do I need to link a Debit/Credit Card?

2. Would I be able to receive funds/money from others?

3. Can I buy Steam Wallet if I have enough Paypal funds?

4. If the answers for Q1 & Q2 is "No" & "Yes", is there some sort of delay or verification period before I could buy or receive my steam wallet funds?

I would really be thankful if you would help me 😄

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikjohn3355 wrote:

So it means, I can't?

If you don't have a credit or debit card ready to use and the PayPal checkout system asks for one, you won't be able to complete checkout.

Even if one has a PayPal balance with enough funds and a credit/debit card linked, it still asks to add one or select a linked one as back up funding source because the merchant site wants to set up a billing agreement and need a back up funding source in a credit/debit card to complete checkout. I speak from experience. So if I had to select a card as back up funding source, it's going to happen to you too.

Its not like the old days. Policies have changed and if you don't have this or that and the other, forgetaboutit.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikjohn3355 

If you plan on buying digital goods and services, expect to be asked to add a credit/debit card as back up to your PayPal balance during checkout.

Linking a card, confirms your physical address. Linking a bank account, allows you to withdrawal and verifies your PayPal account (different from identification verification process when your account is limited).

If you're in the USA, to fully use the PayPal balance features (hold funds and spend funds held in the PayPal balance), you'll need to provide some personal information or you'll need to link a bank account to accept and withdrawal every payment:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

Login to Me Too

erikjohn3355
Contributor
Contributor

So it means, I can't?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikjohn3355 wrote:

So it means, I can't?

If you don't have a credit or debit card ready to use and the PayPal checkout system asks for one, you won't be able to complete checkout.

Even if one has a PayPal balance with enough funds and a credit/debit card linked, it still asks to add one or select a linked one as back up funding source because the merchant site wants to set up a billing agreement and need a back up funding source in a credit/debit card to complete checkout. I speak from experience. So if I had to select a card as back up funding source, it's going to happen to you too.

Its not like the old days. Policies have changed and if you don't have this or that and the other, forgetaboutit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.