Buyer feedback altered or suppressed

MMRC
New Community Member

I recently bought two camera lens filters on eBay, but upon inspection found that they both were counterfeit.  Both vendors had said "no returns", but I got my money back when I complained and provided proof of counterfeit.  I then tried to post feedback to warn other buyers, but my feedback was suppressed and the vendor posted a positive comment instead of my warning.  Somehow, this vendor has hacked the feedback software to suppress negative comments and convert them to positive ones.  As you can imagine, this vendor shows 100% positive reviews, no complaints.  Is there any information available or other reports about this?  Has eBay posted a warning to buyers that vendors have been found to have suppressed or altered feedback? cannot be trusted as authentic?  My only recourse was to report both these items as counterfeit.  I'd like eBay to take action against vendors who, by hacking the feedback program, falsifies the feedback.  How do I contact eBay about this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MMRC 

In some instances, the feedback can be rescinded by eBay depending on what it says and/or as part of the dispute settlement, and/or if it adheres to eBay feedback policies. (ie. swearing not allowed, etc.) If you need to know exactly why it was rescinded, you'll need to check eBay feedback policies or contact their customer service on their help page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.