Bogus Spoof Email

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Email from PayPal yet the domain is in Indonesia (.id)!   Sad thing is many will login and give up their details. This reminds people that PayPal doesn’t address you as “client” and uses proper English. 

I did forward this to spoof@ but the auto response was how to file a dispute. 

PayPaILogin

Dear Client,We regret to inform you of this bad news

Hello Your Account will be limited over 24 h if you dont confirm your account
Because your account is secure and we need a little bit of information to protect your account.

Click the button below and follow the steps”
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

"This reminds people that PayPal doesn’t address you as “client” and uses proper English."

A big resounding, YEP!!!! 

How to spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails

"Convey a false sense of urgency.
Phishing emails are often alarmist, warning that your account needs to be updated immediately. They're hoping you'll fall for their sense of urgency and ignore warning signs that it's fake.

If there is an urgent need for you to complete something on your account, you can find this information by logging in to your PayPal account."

Click link above for examples of such "false sense of urgency".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Many people don’t know how to view the source code or check the return email address. 

Fortunately, this website has been taken down. It redirects to the host for new clients. But I wonder how many people fell for the scam. Usually the language and punctuation is better!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.