cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banning SubscribeStar and the unpersoning effect.

New Community Member

Re: Banning SubscribeStar and the unpersoning effect.

Almost all of the places I use PayPal accept other forms of payment.  Credit cards work just as well.  Hell, I’d rather write checks and wait a few days rather than reward this type of behavior.  Since PayPal doesn’t work everywhere, I guess I’ll stop using it.

Highlighted

Can anyone point me to a statement by PayPal management on this issue?  I'm planning to close my account, but I'd like to hear PayPal's side of the story first.   I tried sending them an email via that email contact menu, but there were no menu choices for non-technical questions like that.  Typical faceless corporation, I guess.  I'm kinda surprised they allow this forum to exist.

There are a few small businesses I pay monthly via PayPal that would be affected if I close my account, so I want to be sure.

If paypal does not relent on their participation with this authoritarian mob I will have to take my business elsewhere.  I do a lot of business through paypal and have done so since nearly their inception, it will be an imposition but I am prepared to follow through.  It would be useful to know who within paypal I should contact to let them know I will be taking my business elsewhere and why.

Must the left politicize everything?

New Community Member

I think our statements are irrelevant! I need to read or hear any statements from any representatives of Paypal such as @PayPal_Jo or @PayPal_Liz regarding this delicate issue!

We, the Paypal users, want to know whether any Paypal representative, speaking in behalf of the company. can clarify Jackeline Hart's statements that points out Paypal, as a payment broker, as a "speech police" of what can be stated in Patreon platform.

Although I don't use it often, I'm closing my Paypal account due to this reprehensible behavior.  Paypal most likely put the pressure on Patreon to close his account in the first place.

Tags (3)

Disgusted and somewhat horrified - I'm withholding judgement for the moment because I can't quite bring myself to believe they don't understand the implications of this. I just hope they have a RATIONAL explanation for this - and not the common silence that often ensues from such decisions