Trying to obtain API signature

Majikthyse
Contributor
Contributor

Just setting up new website. I'm not the developer, just the PP account holder. Trying to follow instructions to obtain API signature credentials, but the instructions here are out of date. When I try to follow them I end up at the certificate option not the signature option. PP seems determined to divert me from talking directly to them and none of the helps topics I can find covers this. Does anyone know where the correct instructions are? A search just takes me to the same wrong ones.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Andre

In order to check your Classic NVP API Credentials (Username, Password, Signature) please follow these steps:

- Log in into your PayPal account (www.paypal.com for LIVE, while www.sandbox.paypal.com for Sandbox)
- Click Profile
- Click Profile & Settings
- Click My selling Preferences.
- In the Selling online section, click the Update link for the API access item.
- Click "Manage API credentials"

If you see the Certificates instead you need to delete them first (if you are not using the certificates) and then you can create a new set of Credentials. Eventually send a screenshot of the page you see.

Login to Me Too

Majikthyse
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I have cracked this now. It wasn't clear that I had to delete the certificate first.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.