western union scam

djrsummmitx
New Community Member

I am selling a pickup on craig's list. I have a gentleman who said he wanted to buy and had an agent that would come pick it up. He said he sent a total of 11,000 which included fees for western union fess and sending money to his agent. Also he said that I have to western union the money before paypal will credit my account. I feel as though he is trying to scam me and I need to know.  I obviously won't send any money until the money is in my paypal account, but is there some way I can give you at paypal the information so I don't get negative feedback since I didn't send money before receiving money as well as the persons e-mail adress? Please let me know! Thank you!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It's a scam !!!!!

Login to Me Too

djrsummmitx
New Community Member

How do I take this off my paypal account so as to not get negative feedback since it is a scam??

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

What exactly do you want to remove from your PayPal account and what feedback are you referring to?  PayPal doesn't have a feedback system.

Login to Me Too

djrsummmitx
New Community Member

okay...I was unaware there was no feedback, sorry. And thank you so much for your help. 😃

Login to Me Too

STORMYANGEL
New Community Member

I have been selling horses on myaushorse.com.au and received an email about one of our babies. Tonight I received the same an email from paypal saying that $5200 had been sent to my paypal account and could I forward $2000 to Robert Grant in the UK so that he can set up pickup???? thought it was a bit strange so I looked up this person and so called company and found this site. Cant believe they thought i / we where that stupid. going to take this to the police tomorrow and let them deal with it. Thanks for the info every one , you have just justified my fears and feelings over this.

Jodie

Login to Me Too

JpMorgan
Contributor
Contributor

Anything mentioning Western Union or Money Gram is indefintely a Scam. Theres been a recent increase on Craigs List, I was almost a victim myself!

Login to Me Too

kimmerse2
New Community Member

SAME EMAIL. Good thing for great friends who googled it with me to find out it is a scam. Here is the email from Elizabeth.

Hello,
I have completed the paypal payment procedure to you now,and in addition the Fees for shipping my purchase,I was asked to send the Shipping fee via Western Union to the shipping agent,but I cannot access Western union myself from my missionary program here,that is why I have included the Shipping Fee in your payment,so that you can send the shipping fee to the Agent for me,and i got a confirmation from paypal fund verification team that the total amount has been deducted from my account,but Paypal has placed a hold on it,so don't be surprised if you check your account balance and find out the money has not yet showed up.PayPal needs you to send the added shipping fee upfront from your pocket and email them a proof that you have sent the shipping fee at western union office,so the total payment will be released to your account as soon as they get the money sent details from you.I think this is good and secured for both of us,as the total amount of money has been deducted from my account and as of yet I have nothing to show for it so pls try to understand why paypal is doing this,also i have lost my money last 2 weeks to a man in USA due to that paypal did not secure my payment and he got my payment and ran with the money and the goods,so i think this is why paypal want you to send the added shipping fee upfront before they release the total funds to your account.

Kindly send the shipping fee as soon as possible by Westen union to the shipping agent at:

Mary UK.

I included extra money to cover up the Western Union charges to send the shipping fee,so you will not be short of your money,and you should have gotten a payment notification from paypal by now,You can check your inbox or spam message for that,because i got one of the two mails they sent to me in my inbox and the other one in spam box,so check very well and let me know when you get the notification from PayPal and also let me know as things goes on,i mean when you send the added shipping fee and email the details to PayPal.

Thanks for your cooperation and i will be waiting to read back from you.

Elizabeth.

Login to Me Too

jen77
New Community Member

We also were almost a victim of the UK westeren union scam. Lucky I checked next day transfer so we were able to stop it. Wish we would have found this on pay pal first. They are using london address the pickup agent is Dave the emailer was Stephen.  A lot of the emails appeared to be from ebay and paypal but none of the links work. All the emails read about the same as previous post except this guy is in "Austrila" and pickup agent is in England. Thankfully my boyfriend is a federal agent and FBI fraud alert are being notified.  I hope we can stop these people before there are anymore victims. 

Login to Me Too

rlbuhrow
New Community Member

This is an email I received in dealing with an item posted on Craig List. I thought it was too good to be true when they said they would buy the item (two sofas) sight unseen. Could have easily fallen for it. Everyone BEWARE!

Be aware that you are 100% safe with PayPal and you do not need to worry about anything concerning this transaction as we are currently holding the money which is $1,100.00 USD therefore you should make proper arrangements with the buyer and get the shipping fee $350.00 USD sent to the address given to you via western union so that we could be able to credit your account after you have sent us a copy of the receipt given to you at the western union office where you sent the money. We will only credit your account as soon as the money has been sent to the bearer and you send the Western Union receipt to PayPal for confirmation. Note:As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction. Important Notice for your junk box filters may prevent you receiving our emails. If you do not receive our mail , please check your "Bulk" folder. The transaction has been screened and has proven to be 100% legal and real. You are hereby advised to go ahead with the transaction and send out the shipping fee $350.00 USD to the bearer before we are able to credit your account, For security reasons email the Western Union payment receipt to PayPal only and wait till your account is being credited before emailing the receipt to the buyer. Thank You PayPal Team

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.