service AT intl DOT paypal DOT com???

uacelite
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so I received an email that was automatically sent to the junk email folder from serviceATintlDOTpaypalDOTcom 

Now, I'm very worried and suspicious. Upon google searching, the results showed that this email and the domain, intl.paypal.com, are sources of scams. So most people are saying this email is not from paypal and is not legitimate.

It worries me, because the junk email from this address referred to me by my full name, which I never left to anyone... So I'm thinking there's a very small possibility it's real. Regardless, I forwarded this suspicious message to spoof@paypal.com

Now, upon looking at previous emails from paypal, I noticed that many of of "payment receipts" messages from paypal came from the same address, serviceATintlDOTpaypalDOTcom  These messages, however, were not treated as spam and even looked reassuring and legit (not asking for ANYTHING or anything suspcious).

But a couple of sites, and one topic at this forum also, say that it is legitimate.

So, I need to ask you guys, because I feel this is getting out of hand: Is this email, serviceATintlDOTpaypalDOTcom a legit address of paypal?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nikkii_07
New Community Member

Call the paypal customer service number!!! It's most likely a scam. I almost got scammed until I called the paypal number on the website and the guy told me it was a scam. I was dealing with someone on craiglist who told me she sent money andI should recieve email from paypal, well I did but the email was NOT paypal, they had the paypal logo and all but it wasnt. They wanted me to send 300.00usd of my money to cover agent fees for someone to pick up and item. The email looked pretty good but the spelling and puncutation was terrible, also a way to spot scams from paypal emails, are if there is s a signature from a Thompson guy as president of Paypal. Thompson is paypal, but I called paypal and they said the presidnets name is NEVER on signature emails. I would forward it to spoof@paypal.com and also call customer service. Get the number from the paypal sight.

Login to Me Too

toester
Contributor
Contributor

I've made 5 purchases over the last week from companies in Asia.  All of the receipts are coming from the exact address you posted.  So I know mine are legit but if you're suspicious, call PayPal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

uacelite- I can tell you that that email address is used by PayPal, so it was most likely a legitimate email.  Of course, this doesn't mean that fraudsters won't try to use it which is probably why a search online turns up that it's fraudulent.  One of the easier ways to see if it's legitimate is to hover over or click "Reply".  That will give you the real email address it came from; if it's something that has absolutely nothing to do with PayPal, then I'd say that's a big clue. 😉

In addition, as nikkii_07 wrote, what the email says can go a long way towards pointing you towards fraudulent or not.  Agent fees, transactions outside of PayPal, spelling and grammatical errors...all of these things would make me think twice no matter where the email purports to come from.

And toester is giving you some sound advice as well, if all else fails, give us a call. 🙂

Hope that answers your questions.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.