scam or no scam?

jfal50
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an iphone, i had a buy it now price on it and some guy bought it. and so this guy messages me and asks how the phone is and that he wanted it for his cousins birthday.  ok so a day goes by and this guy deletes his ebay account and i hear nothing from him ( this was i believe thurs).  until today (saturday) he sends me an email saying he payed for the item and that i needed to send paypal a tracking number in order for my account to be credited (i checked my paypal and it didnt say nothing). he bought it for $420 and he sent me $500 because he now wants me to send it to nigeria or something.  so i have no idea if this is a scam or what........ what do you think? should i contact ebay? paypal?        

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jfal50
Contributor
Contributor

IT WAS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA I CAUGHT THAT STUPID IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER DO ANY TRANSACTIONS OUTSIDE OF EBAY!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

YES it is a SCAM.

That scam has been going on for YEARS.

He did not delete his ebay account....Ebay suspended it because he is a fraud or because the real account holders account had been hijacked

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.