origin post is preparing shipment

jhickey18
Contributor
Contributor

so i purchased an item from china (my first mistake) on january 2nd on ebay and the seller provided a tracking number. the item has been stuck in "origin post is preparing shipment" since the 9th. the seller's ebay account was closed, and the item is no longer listed on ebay. so i emailed them with no response. I'm afraid it may be a fraudulent seller. is there anyway i can contact the seller thru paypal? i have 45 days to file a dispute but do you reccomend doing that thru ebay or paypal? all ive read on these boards is that paypal doesnt protect its buyers well but is ebay a better option?i figure ill wait until about feb 10th then file some sort of dispute if i still havent received the item.  please any information would really help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Hey jhickey18.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles 😞  We are trying to get customers to start using eBay's dispute process, but honestly they are for the most part interchangeable.

In this case, with the tracking showing no movement, I'd say it's pretty cut and dry that you would ultimately get your money returned.  If there's no proof the item has gone anywhere, we wouldn't allow the seller to keep the funds.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.