**number removed** Is this legit PP # or not?

karenmaebybates
Contributor
Contributor

I got a call from this number around 4-5 pm. I barely could understand the person, but they did say so n so from PayPal calling on behalf of ....... 

That person asked me a couple of questions. 

#1 - to verify my email (I did) 

#2 - if I made two transfers to my bank earlier (&yes, I did because I'm paying rent out of that bank account next week and need the money in there to pay for things..). 

#3 - if I do eBay 

#4 - where I buy my things to sell on eBay 

#5 - how do I ship my items 

Is this really a legit call? I could understand PayPal asking questions about #2, just to make sure there wasn't really something going on on my account... but why the #3-5? I don't understand why that needs to be asked. 

I have checked all of my accounts, anything linking to my PayPal and PayPal seems to be okay.... for now. But, help? Someone please clarify what this number is and what's going on with these questions. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

First karenmaebybates (wow, long handle there :)), I've removed the number from your title.  We try not to clutter up the boards with phone numbers, just in case we change them at some point we don't want people being confused with the wrong info.

Second, yes, that is a legitimate PayPal contact number.  Our back office departments will sometimes call out to make sure that activity that is happening is legitimate and not someone doing something bad with someone's account.  As to if the call was legit...I wouldn't be able to tell you here on the boards (we don't want to give out account specific info), but I would recommend just giving us a call.  Any agent you speak with should be able to look in your account and see if we've left notes regarding the call (we should).

Hope that helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.