knowing someone's Paypal address enabling scams?

scyranow
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering if someone having your paypal address can enable them to take money from you, especially if your account is linked with your bank account.  I've taken a freelance writing job from  Freelancer.com and the person who posted the job is asking for my paypal address. I'm wondering if that would enable them to take anything from my account i.e. be able to request my password via the 'Forgot your Password?" link or otherwise access my account.

Thanks. I know this is kind of a stupid question but there are so many other scams going around you can't be too careful.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Generally, it's not a problem unless your security questions have such general answers that anybody can answer them.

What you have to watch out for is fake payment emails - look in some of the posts labelled "Craigslist scam" and you'll see the type of email you'd be getting.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Generally, it's not a problem unless your security questions have such general answers that anybody can answer them.

What you have to watch out for is fake payment emails - look in some of the posts labelled "Craigslist scam" and you'll see the type of email you'd be getting.

Login to Me Too

scyranow
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much! I didn't think it would but you never know these days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.