is this a fake payment confirmation email??

jsingh16
Contributor
Contributor

i received a payment confirmation email from this address Service PayPal [removed] could anyone tell me if is legit?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

redheadblueheel
New Community Member

I received the same thing. I'm sad to say that yes, it is fake--if the amount does not show up in your paypal.com account, it must be.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get eBay to refund me for posting something that was simply bought by a would-be scammer.

Login to Me Too

jsingh16
Contributor
Contributor

😕 let me know if you ae succeded in doing so and how should i go about getting ebay  not the charge me a FVC

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi redheadblueheel and jsingh16,

PayPal offers Seller Protection for transactions marked as Seller Protection eligible. It's wise to check your PayPal account to confirm the legitimacy of the payment as well as its eligibility status. If you shipped an item based on a fraudulent email and there is no payment associated, there would be no way for PayPal to cover you.

I hope this helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.