fake purchase?

bikerider
New Community Member

I have a guy trying to buy  motorcycle from me. he said he sent the money to my account but needs me to western union some money to a 3rd party for pick up of the bike. I got emails from what appears to be paypal saying that one I send the money western union and then send the western union code to paypal for verifcation the money will be deposited into my account. Is this BS or what?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Antika

I would really like to know this too. My mother did the mistake that she paid the first half for the "Shipper" to come and get the car she was selling.

I used Iconix to check if the mail was authenthic, which it was not. When I checked the source of the mail, I found that the sender wasn't Paypal, but a gmail account user.

At the moment I am waiting for Paypal to answer me if there's such a transaction that the buyer claims. You should too, if you got a transaction ID. If they say no, then it's time to make a call to the police. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.