class action lawsuit for HOLDING MONEY

whereismymoney
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE HAD IT!  It is, or should be fraudulent and illegal for paypal to hold on to any money after the buy sell agreement has been completed.  DO NOT USE PAYPAL IF YOU ARE SELLING THINGS BECAUSE YOU NEED THE MONEY!!!

If you just want to move stuff out of your home, and care not about actually getting paid, and you want to line the pockets of the thieves at paypal, then go ahead and use them.

IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY GET MONEY FOR SELLING YOUR STUFF, THEN DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, MY FIRST EXPERIENCE,... and my last!!!

THEY HAVE HELD ONTO $3500 FOR OVER 2 WEEKS NOW!  IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE...  UNLESS YOU HAVE TONS OF TIME TO WASTE.

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM... DO NOT USE PAYPAL,  THE ARE CONNECTED WITH EBAY IN SOME WAY, THEY PROBABLY SHARE THE INTEREST ON THE MONEY THEY ILLEGALLY HOLD!!!

any lawyers out there, this is ready for picking....I am on for sure! 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@whereismymoney wrote:

You are putting words in my mouth?  I said I should have special "rules because it's inconvenient"????  I have never had any special favors, never ask for them either....I WANT WHAT IS LEGALLY MINE,  There is no sound legal foundation for them to hold the money... it is mine, they should pay it.  I am in hurry you moron.

and I will never be back, that is for sure, not the place for amateurs to sell their stuff, we should be more like you, eh?  ANd be happy the protect us so well.. 

Gawd, I wish some of you could construct logical arguments instead of just throwing tantrums.

I have never had any special favors, never ask for them either.

You were told on the listing form that your payments might be held - it's on every single listing form, you could NOT have missed it.

DESPITE THAT, you're ranting and raving because it actually happened and you think it ought not to have happened to you.

THAT'S CALLED A SPECIAL FAVOUR.

.I WANT WHAT IS LEGALLY MINE,

But the money ISN'T legally yours yet.

It's being held in scrow until you have proven, by positive feedback, proof of delivery or passage of time, that the customer has theur item and is satisfied with it.

and I will never be back, that is for sure

Best news I've had all day.

Login to Me Too

whereismymoney
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, this transaction had nothing to do with account receivables, A/R's are created when a merchant provides 'terms' for payments to a customer / buyer.  I had no such agreement with this buyer.  This was not, to my knowledge, a "try it out, see if you like it, give me a good rating, and in 3-4 business days after you are completely satisfied, then I get my money" kind of transaction.

Paypal is not responsible for protecting the world of thieves and crooks.  They were supposed to merely act as an intermediary in moving payment from buyer to seller,  and they charge handsomely for this service.  As a merchant of consumer products, it is I who have felt the sting of dishonest buyers and thieves.

And yes I COULD have missed on the form what ever you are referring to, "might be held" , and maybe I did not realize the consequences, unfortunately, I assumed that a sale is a sale.  So, maybe you are right on one front, maybe if I had spent a few hours reading the fine print, I would discover in this contract, that I have no legal ground to stand on... maybe I should advise people that the customer (the buyer for the item) must fist receive the product and love it before you get your money!  So, aside of the legal document with paypal, they have NO LEGAL right to continue to hold my money,

My guess is you are employed by paypal, I am not the one ranting, it is you, I am '**bleep**' because I want and need my money... where this falls as a 'special favor' to me I have not a clue, and if it did not happen to me, I would not have posted my thoughts, and I would not have read this garble from you.  Just because you are happy with this service, does not mean that everyone is.  You have much to lean about business and life and people!

And if me leaving is the best news you have heard all day... you need another life dude,,, why on earth would you give a crap whether I leave or not?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Whatever - I'm not bothering with you anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.