class action lawsuit for HOLDING MONEY

whereismymoney
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE HAD IT!  It is, or should be fraudulent and illegal for paypal to hold on to any money after the buy sell agreement has been completed.  DO NOT USE PAYPAL IF YOU ARE SELLING THINGS BECAUSE YOU NEED THE MONEY!!!

If you just want to move stuff out of your home, and care not about actually getting paid, and you want to line the pockets of the thieves at paypal, then go ahead and use them.

IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY GET MONEY FOR SELLING YOUR STUFF, THEN DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, MY FIRST EXPERIENCE,... and my last!!!

THEY HAVE HELD ONTO $3500 FOR OVER 2 WEEKS NOW!  IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE...  UNLESS YOU HAVE TONS OF TIME TO WASTE.

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM... DO NOT USE PAYPAL,  THE ARE CONNECTED WITH EBAY IN SOME WAY, THEY PROBABLY SHARE THE INTEREST ON THE MONEY THEY ILLEGALLY HOLD!!!

any lawyers out there, this is ready for picking....I am on for sure! 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It is, or should be fraudulent and illegal for paypal to hold on to any money after the buy sell agreement has been completed.

It's is done all the time in merchant banking, on Amazon, and it's the foundation for accounts receivable all over the world..

But you think you ought to have special rules just for you because it's inconvenient.

Close your accounts on paypal and ebay - you're a liability to any site you sell on and I don't want you anywhere near MY customers, who are good people and don't deserve the self-obsessed nonsense that you're handing out.

Login to Me Too

wizdry
Contributor
Contributor

I have to agree as far as PayPal putting holds on money after the sale agreement.  I have had the same happen to me.  The numbers for both eBay and PayPal are listed under contact us.  I sold a camera for $252.00 that had an Immediate

hold put on the payment for 21 days.  Paypal says you can't get your money until you send the item and get a positive feedback from the buyer.  So, Paypal is saying to send your stuff without being paid for the item.  The reason I say this refers to articles in the forums about buyers who buy items then put a hold on them or use the hold to their advantage.  When they get the item, they say it wasn't as advertised and they wind up getting their money back and you are out the item.  After calling eBay, they agreed that I should not ship the item.  Paypal still says I should ship the item, but "it is a risk" If they agree it is a risk, why should I have to take that risk?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

The reason I say this refers to articles in the forums about buyers who buy items then put a hold on them or use the hold to their advantage.

I've never had that happen to me and I've only rarely heard about it.  Far more common are the scammers that sell stuff, get the money and then disappear and they're the ones paypal is trying to stop.

And you are in no more danger that under the non-hold system - buyers can still receive items and then do chargebacks on them - it's just a cost of doing business.

After calling eBay, they agreed that I should not ship the item.

ebay's rules are that you ship within 7 days of receiving payment.  If paypal has the transaction and has put a hold on it, you HAVE received the paymernt and you are required to ship.

Failure to do so can get you slapped with a policy violation of being a non-selling seller, which can get you booted.

I seriously doubt that anybody at paypal or ebay told you not to ship.

Login to Me Too

wizdry
Contributor
Contributor

The customer service rep did say, "She thought the sale seemed "fishy" and that I should not ship the item until I was sure it  was a legitimate sale."  She DID say not to ship until i was sure.  As it turned out,  the customer was very understanding, and equally peeved by the whole thing.  The customer agreed to give me positive feedback; the hold was lifted, and the item shipped.  Now that I know this can happen, I can be prepared for the possibility.  They may have held the account, because I print my own mailing labels and some of my customers have failed to leave any feedback which may look bad too. I also ship some Items without tracking to save costs to the customer.  This may look bad to Paypal as well.    I like PayPal and it is what it is.  Just going to have to deal with it.

Login to Me Too

frenchkitty
New Community Member

Well, what a bunch of mayhem......I tried selling an auto and what a mistake. The funds were sent, and a pending/hold was put on the money. Extra money was given to me for me to handle sending a western union transfer to be sent to the shipping company. This should not have been my responsibilty to take care of. Paypal wants me to put out the transfer money for the shipping out of my pocket, even though the funds to provide the shipper was included in the purchase. They paypal will not give me the money for my item until I provide proof of the money transfer. This is a crock of **bleep**.    Paypal is a joke

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

frenchkitty, your case is a scam.

Paypal NEVER tells people to use Western Union.

Paypal wasn't even involved in this - it was a fake email.

Login to Me Too

whereismymoney
Contributor
Contributor

The foundation for Accounts receivable all over the world is TRUST.  I trusted that paypal would pay me what I am owed,  when I am owed it.  CLEARLY they are holding money for the SOLE purpose of collecting the interest!    

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@whereismymoney wrote:

The foundation for Accounts receivable all over the world is TRUST.  I trusted that paypal would pay me what I am owed,  when I am owed it.  CLEARLY they are holding money for the SOLE purpose of collecting the interest!    

Nonsense.

This is an anti-scammer move, nothing more.  Scammers will not stick around for 3 weeks so they can get caught.  Remove the possibility of getting money from a scam and the scammer goes elsewhere.

You were told BEFORE you listed that your money might be held and you went ahead and listed anyway - too late to cry about it now.

Login to Me Too

whereismymoney
Contributor
Contributor

You are putting words in my mouth?  I said I should have special "rules because it's inconvenient"????  I have never had any special favors, never ask for them either....I WANT WHAT IS LEGALLY MINE,  There is no sound legal foundation for them to hold the money... it is mine, they should pay it.  I am in hurry you moron.

and I will never be back, that is for sure, not the place for amateurs to sell their stuff, we should be more like you, eh?  ANd be happy the protect us so well.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.