advice needed

jimmyjelly
New Community Member

Here are the details:

-- I just sold an expensive camera body through an eBay auction.

-- Winning bidder has 0 feedback.

-- The item was paid in full through a PayPal account with a confirmed address, but the buyer has asked me to send the item to an uncomfirmed Brooklyn, NY address.

-- I sent him an email last night explaining that I won't ship to an uncomfirmed address, especially considering the 0 feedback on his eBay account.

Should I wait this out until I can ship to a confirmed address or does this sound like fraud? I can envision either possibility.

Thanks,

Chris

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

jimmyjelly,

In order to remain protected under the terms and conditions of the Seller Protection Policy, you must ship to the address listed in the transaction details - for your safety, please don't ever ship anywhere else. 

If you do choose to ship, make sure you obtain tracking information that can be viewed online.  If the total payment received is $250 USD or over, obtain signature confirmation that can be viewed online as well.  Don't just opt for insurance - insurance signatures can't  be viewed online (side note: I still recommend insurance in case the post office loses or damages your package).

The scenario itself isn't necessarily a sign of fraud; sometimes people do just put in an old or outdated address on purpose.  If they're insistent that you ship to the other address, instead, refund the first payment.

They can then repay and submit the correct address on the PayPal payment.

For more information on selling safely online, visit www.paypal.com/sellerprotection.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.