Would you seggest...Buyer from Taiwan

lady1880s
New Community Member

I had one of those types from Taiwan,e-mailed,wanted a antique I had listed on Ebay,said they would buy it now, complained about the shipping,Canceled the sell and then she wrote "made a personal payment thru Pay Pal..Even sent a receipt with the Paypal logo... not from Paypal but,from her own email address,think she made it up? You bet! The antique is relisted and won't be shipped to Taiwan. Speaking of that receipt,should I contact the powers that be at Pay  Pal and send them a copy? or would it be opening a new can of worms? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Report them to Internet Crime Division, this is a huge scam floating around, many get the same scam. If you click any of those links, they can still your paypal information.

www.ic3.gov - report them

Login to Me Too

chinababy
New Community Member

Yes ! I do think I'll do that. It's tragic how many people think the world owes them a living. Not to long ago I had a item on Creig'slist.a guy wrote me from Reno,Nv. Told me he wanted the cabinet and he would have his assoc. Send a ck. He was leaving for England and would have someone pick it up,Well ,red flags went up...but,I told him I would except a postal m.o..The next time I heard from him he informed me that the amount sent was for another buy and would I cash it and send him the cash back? LOL He must have thought I was a fool. So I wrote him again and informed him I would send the ck. back and he could have another for the right amount re-issued.,also I once again told him I would except a Postal M.O. and nothing else.... Never heard from him again and I'm still waiting for that first Postal m.o.

Didn't seem to stop him,a friend rec'd. the same letter from another e-mail,word for word for a item she had listed on ....Creigslist,,:here we go again.!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.