cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

We noticed a charge on my bank credit card PAYPAL *FOO BAR INC 402-935-7733 PA which we did not use PayPal to make.  What had happened was we ordered something using that credit card on a merchant site and the merchant used PayPay on their end to process the credit card therefore it showed up as a PayPal transaction.

I placed an order on ebay last night.  I saw this on my bank statement today: "PAYPAL *DAVE 402-935-7733 CA."

It is fully legitimate. The charge is the exact same charge for the item I purchased on ebay, using my PayPal account. 

Hope this helps. Cat Happy

Okay, I just went through the history of my PayPal purchases on my bank's summary, and for those purchases for which I used PayPal, almost all of them show this number, and all were legitimate purchases by me through ebay, using my PayPal account.

I also did a search and found this number as a customer service number for PayPal.

Some of my purchases just state "POS Withdrawal San Jose", and some of my purchases state the seller's name of my purchases (partial name, but I can tell who it is) and then this same number we are discussing. And some simply state "Purchase PayPal" with the amount or Withdrawal PayPal" with the amount. But none of mine are fraudlent.  

I am not saying to not make sure you check it out, because yes, some charges could be fraudlent. But I've been a buyer for a long time on ebay, and have been using PP for a long time, and this number shows up on nearly all of my purchases on my bank summary for most of my PP purchases. I always check very carefully, and all my purchases shown are legit. 

PP has charged me "Re-Try Fees" and such, and I'm not thrilled with them, but so far, I have no "fake" charges on my account. But they have changed their policy just this month or so, and I don't think we are covered for the 190 days we used to be, and other things have changed as well. So, I may not be using PP much longer. 

Again, I hope this helps. But yes, always check, because fraud happens, as we all know. Cat Happy

Here is where I found the number. On their page about help with "unauthorized transactions" on your PayPal Account. I tried to put a link to the page, and it would not let me submit my post, so here is what it says. I had to change the link a bit in the notify section because it still would not let me post it as a copy and paste:

Unauthorized transactions

If you think someone's used your account without permission, report it to us immediately and we'll help protect you. If you find a suspicious charge, an error, or some other unauthorized transaction when viewing your account, we may be able to help. Report it within 60 days of when it appeared on your statement and if unauthorized transactions are eligible, you won’t be held liable.

You can notify us in the following ways:

• For any type of unauthorized transaction or error, you can call our customer service at Go to https: // www . paypal. com / help and click "Call Us". You can also notify us in writing or online by following the instructions below.
  • Before notifying us, please double check that it’s not a transaction you might’ve simply forgotten, like a recurring payment for a magazine subscription.
Call us

For any type of unauthorized transaction or error, you can call our customer service at:

(402)-935-7733

GADS! We're on a PayPal site, and it took me THREE times to submit that reply, due to that link. You'd think they wouldn't mind, since it's just a link to their own website?!

They'll probably remove what I posted, saying I'm not allowed to post their policy, but this IS a PayPal Help Forum, so if they remove it, I'm going to be really **bleep** off. 

I hope things work out for all of you who are having issues with them. I'm hoping there is another way soon to pay. PP is just changing too much for my liking. 

Unbelievable! They removed my "swear" word, and it was just the word **bleep** e d! 

Did it again! Just so people know I did NOT use a harsh word, I simply said I would be **bleep**!  

Highlighted

GADZORAMA! I read that Apple was coming out with some type of payment method. I hope so!