So paypal took my money?

Mackindale
Contributor
Contributor
So I was dealing in bitcoin, a prohibited digital item. I sold some to someone for $340, and left happy. I then learned it was against Paypal's TOS. I quickly cleared my account of money and all that. Of course, the buyer opens a dispute and basically steals my money. I submit a receipt, an email and my story to paypal. A day later they reject it and reward the thief with my money. Even if it is against the TOS, how can anyone possibly say that it is justice of any kind to reward a thief with my hard earned money? Paypal is completely corrupt. I expect my money back.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Mackindale
Contributor
Contributor
I don't care if I get yelled at, account is closed, frozen, whatever. I don't care. I just want my money that is rightfully mine. Can Paypal do that? I went to log in "Like a good friend, we always keep your secrets." You are not acting like a good friend by any means.
Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Mackindale wrote:
I don't care if I get yelled at, account is closed, frozen, whatever. I don't care. I just want my money that is rightfully mine. Can Paypal do that? I went to log in "Like a good friend, we always keep your secrets." You are not acting like a good friend by any means.

Virtual Items are NOT covered by PayPal. Take it up with the buyer because you will not win with PayPal on a intangible item. If your account is negative, bring it to a zero balance before PayPal sends you to collections.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Surprised  oh no he didnt

Login to Me Too

Mackindale
Contributor
Contributor
You see, I don't care if virtual items are not covered by Paypal. Someone stole from me and paypal helped them get away with it. It doesn't matter what paypal supports, someone sent me money then dishonestly chargebacked me.
Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Mackindale wrote:
You see, I don't care if virtual items are not covered by Paypal. Someone stole from me and paypal helped them get away with it. It doesn't matter what paypal supports, someone sent me money then dishonestly chargebacked me.

That's fine if you don't care, but if you don't care you still have to accept the risk and responsibility like an adult. Because you are responsible, and liable for chargebacks, claims, reversals, etc. When you do a virtual item transaction. This is a simple case, you didn't stay under the guidelines and you lost. Deal with it.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what redpower meant to say is

You got **bleep**ed and agreed to it Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Mackindale
Contributor
Contributor
But how will I pay for my children's food? School lunches cost so much these days... I don't know what to do. I'm just so confused and tired... can't go on...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.