Scared, Nervous, and Worried

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

after looking more carefully when I didnt receive any verification or information and that it gave me a person's name who is resgestered as non US when the site says free US Shipping worried me then upon researching the site I found other people who talked about it, and its makeing me worried, I ordered a R4 card for my DS after shopping around I thought I find a nice average deal, and the site supported paypal, well I trust paypal ALOT, so I thought any site that can use paypal is prolly a good site, but this may not be the case, I did some searching after wondering why I didnt get a site conformation or a message about my package being shipped or givin tracking number or being sent out, so I searched the internet and found postings about it which made me worried saying it was a bogus site and which had extremely corny post about it being trusty worthy, the responses saying it was trust worthy were all dont by people made the same day which made me think it was wrong, the site is r4card.org and they dont have any information on how their product is shipped or have a costumer service that replies, which they said they had impecable customer service, after reading some posts here I saw scarey things about receiveing foreign junkmail and haveing junkmail in my normal email upsets me, It would drive me mad to get junkmail in my mailbox, because Im one of the few people who enjoy in the suttley of recieveing mail

what should I do? I mean... its why I came to here, Im looking for help, anyone? please this is my first time ever dealing with this in the long use of paypal Ive had

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@StephenB wrote:

I did the report and escalate claim and was told nothing could be done, and mod if your out there, hes done this to a few people, please please can't you just ask someone what can be done? He is just abuseing the use of paypal to rob people of money

StephenB;

The Moderators cannot do anything to escallate your claim. That is your responsibility to work and follow-up and follow-through on your business.

You have not even waited the alloted amount of time for your product to arrive. To file a dispute for a reputable storefront is a dubious thing to do. Especially when you have absolutely no paperwork or papertrail of any kind to back up your claim.

And I looked at all the sites that were "mentioned" here - all sites led to the same storefront, a legitimate one that listed shipping time, that said business was hosted in China, that all business would be handled in USD, and that shipping would be at least five to six weeks. History for the site went back at least six months. I didn't go back further than six months because, frankly, I didn't need to. I also looked up the "name" Gavin **** all these "posters" mentioned; there is no mention of that name in connection with DS cards or r4cards anywhere on the internet other than here, in this discussion.

StephenB, if you wanted out of the deal immediately after placing it for whatever reason, then that's one thing. But to disparage a perfectly ligitamate company that lists all the things that you claim were missing (i.e.: shipping, country of origin, length of shipping time, a F.A.Q., a Customer Support contact [which, by the way, does work - I've been in contact with them and asked them about the "person" you named; they never heard of that person], Warranty & Return info,  etc.) is definitely not okay. A legitimate company that is willing to work with you on a problem and make it right or make it so that you're happy is not something to smear all over the internet. If you wanted your money back for whatever the reason, you shoud've just cancelled the sale and charged it back.

I'm sorry you felt unhappy about the decision to purchase your DS card from this particular site. There was an easy way to cancel the sale and reverse the charge.

To try to elevate this to a dispute/claim, did you actually TALK to a person, or was this just through the e-mail system of registering a claim? Because if you just did it through the system, you're not going to get your money back. At this point, you're going to have to call Customer Service and explain that you want your money back. And because you don't have a paper-trail, it's going to be a difficult process, but I think it can be accomplished. You may have to try and speak with a supervisor, and if that doesn't work, try and speak to their supervisor. Again, the lack of doumentation is not going to work in your favor, so don't get upset or high-and-mighty; keep cool, keep a level-head, and take your time to explain what you feel the problem is.

(Mod) Olivia had a good suggestion; I'm not sure if you even read it - did you see the deduction in your account? If yes, then use that as part of your documentation. I also asked you if you ever saw anything in your SPAM filter; the site specifically told you to watch there for notification as some e-mail hosts' filters would automatically send anything from them into a SPAM folder. If yes, then use that as documentation. If you didn't ever see a deduction in your PayPal account, then consider your account compromised and change your password immediately and check any associated cards or accounts for unapproved money transfers/transactions. The site also said if you used certain e-mail hosts, you would not EVER receive e-mail from them - did you check to make sure your service provider would allow mail from them? Could be important.

At any rate, you're clearly unhappy witha having purchased at this site. You'll have to sign into PayPal, click on the "Contact Us" link which will give you a "Web PIN" number and a Direct Phone Number into Customer service. This "Web PIN" is only good for 60 minutes, so only use it when you're ready to call. If you need to call back (or aren't ready to call in at that time), do the whole procedure again to generate another "Web PIN". This PIN will let the Customer Service Representative access your account and the item you're dealing with after you provide some basic information proving you ARE the account holder. They should then be able to help you through the item once you walk them through the issue (again, calmly, cooly, keeping your head), and if they cannnot, ask to speak to a supervisor. You may have to do this several times because of the lack of a paper-trail, but I believe if you're patient, you can get the resolution you want.

Just remember, the onus is on you to work through the issue, not anyone else. And the calmer and more patient you are, the better it will (probably) be for you in the long run. Just make sure to check the other issues like account tampering/access, and whether or not money was actually taken from your account or if your account was compromised.

Raven

PS - to the person who said they placed an order on March 7 and hadn't received anything yet: that's still well-within the timeline provided by the storefront. Have you contacted the Customer Service account on the storefront? They responded to me within 24 hours. I remind you, they are housed in China, so there is a time-difference and they may not be active in the timeframe when you are, so give it 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi StephenB,

Did you file a complaint for Non-receipt? That's the type of complaint that you have, because you did not receive the item. If it was a goods payment and you did not receive it, then the seller would have been instructed to provide tracking information to resolve a non-receipt claim. I suggest contacting Customer Solutions so they can take another look at your claim.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

How do I make such a claim? I cant seem to find that option

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

You can file a dispute on PayPal either from the transaction details, or from the Resolution Center. You would specify that the problem is an item dispute (rather than an unauthorized transaction) and then you would specify that you haven't received your item. You can only file a report for non-receipt if you have not already filed a report for not-as-described (the reason being that if you choose not-as-described, you're basically acknowledging that you received something, just not what you were expecting). It's important to choose the correct reason at the outset so the claim can proceed properly, and your funds can be protected.

You said in a previous post that you already filed a report. What type of report did you file?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

I think I did a not as described so it must have been done wrong, after all this is my first time ever dealing with this Ill try non-receipt

Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

I tried its not letting me open another dispute on it at all

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi StephenB,

Right, if you already opened a dispute, a second dispute would not be able to be opened.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

chiidora
Contributor
Contributor

hello i also made a purchase from the site http://www.r4nds.org however at that time i was able to pay with paypal only and it was sent to the same Gavin person. the support email doens't seem to work i have yet to get the item. aparently they recently changed the site to work from the storefront.com instead of direct paypal carts. there is a transaction id# in my paypal history.

Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

sorry to say theres really nothing to be done, im waiting like 10 to 20 more days then trying something else with paypal for it, how ever I doubt paypal will be able to do anything, and besides that everything has been going wrong for me with all this, they update, they change it, its irritateing, and the support is either bots or non responsive

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@StephenB wrote:

sorry to say theres really nothing to be done, im waiting like 10 to 20 more days then trying something else with paypal for it, how ever I doubt paypal will be able to do anything, and besides that everything has been going wrong for me with all this, they update, they change it, its irritateing, and the support is either bots or non responsive

StephenB -

You were told by Oliva and me exactly how to contact Customer Service - BY PHONE - to get a quicker resolution once you had opened a dispute.

If you follow those directions, you will get directly in touch with Customer Service. By phone. Talking to a Person.

Raven

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.