Scared, Nervous, and Worried

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

after looking more carefully when I didnt receive any verification or information and that it gave me a person's name who is resgestered as non US when the site says free US Shipping worried me then upon researching the site I found other people who talked about it, and its makeing me worried, I ordered a R4 card for my DS after shopping around I thought I find a nice average deal, and the site supported paypal, well I trust paypal ALOT, so I thought any site that can use paypal is prolly a good site, but this may not be the case, I did some searching after wondering why I didnt get a site conformation or a message about my package being shipped or givin tracking number or being sent out, so I searched the internet and found postings about it which made me worried saying it was a bogus site and which had extremely corny post about it being trusty worthy, the responses saying it was trust worthy were all dont by people made the same day which made me think it was wrong, the site is r4card.org and they dont have any information on how their product is shipped or have a costumer service that replies, which they said they had impecable customer service, after reading some posts here I saw scarey things about receiveing foreign junkmail and haveing junkmail in my normal email upsets me, It would drive me mad to get junkmail in my mailbox, because Im one of the few people who enjoy in the suttley of recieveing mail

what should I do? I mean... its why I came to here, Im looking for help, anyone? please this is my first time ever dealing with this in the long use of paypal Ive had

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, StephenB, if it was the UK site you were specifically told to avoid, then why would you use the site AT ALL? That just doesn't make sense to me.

And I went back and did a history check on the web - that page has been there for a while, not switched around to point to something new. So I'm not sure what you or the other member are talking about.

Your e-mail that you received from the "site" is wierd, expecially since you sent information with keywords that would alert a "bot" exactly like that one specifically set up to take orders, and including the fact that you sent in a part number order. So, I don't know; it seems a little out there for me. You may want to try again - in reply to that mail.

Like I said, if you were told to avoid the site and then you went to it, the onus is kind of on you. Plus I asked you about the other information you said you had seen on these boards specifically regarding this particular company, and you haven't really addressed this, and yet it was such a big part of your original post. That and "SPAM" mail. So, I'm not sure what to tell you.

The information regarding sale is clearly marked and labled on this site, and has been for at least going back six months on the internet. There are no links leading off to other sites. The UK info page version, while clearly inferior, does lead to the US storefront which says all sales are in USD, and makes shipping clear for international Buyers, in Step 4. Step 4 has been present for at least six months.

So, at this point, I would try the e-mail again, and maybe wait to see if your merchandise arrives.

Also, the comment about "all r4 cards" makes no sense: they're only available from this site? you can't purchase from anyone else? Or they're all foreign sellers?

I really hope you receive your merchandise. I've tried to find out as much as I can for you, and I've given you all the information I've found. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to match some of the things you're mentioning, so I'm not sure where to go with that. I hope you have a swift resolution to your case, and if you don't get your merchandise, you chould open a dispute with PayPal, but do keep a copy of all your paperwork and attempts to contact the Seller. Without much  of a paper trail, it might be difficult to get the kind of satisfaction you're looking for, but I do wish you luck.

Chin up

Raven

Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

The other guy who had a problem with the same person went to a UK site which lead to the same place, the site I used was a US site which lead to the same place but did not lead to that place when I used it to order before, and as for R4 cards this site says alot about R4 cards while when I was searching the web all I could find was sd card adapters that didnt look like R4 cards, but like I said that US part of the site the first page was all they had when I ordered, they didnt lead me to any other website, and the guy who posted early was told to also pay Gavin *****

Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

can you give me the exact website your on, none of what your saying was ever given to me, it took me straight to paypal when I selected a buy now item from r4card.org so I dont quite understand what is going on at all,

Login to Me Too

crazyangel
Contributor
Contributor

I also had the same problem, I ordered from r4ireland.com was put through straight to paypal with no option of choosing shipping and am suppose to pay gavin *****, i too am now scared and worried

Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

that makes 3 known people who have dealt with Gavin ***** something is wrong!

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@StephenB wrote:

that makes 3 known people who have dealt with Gavin ***** something is wrong!

That's 3 people who have never posted before about a site that has a verifiable history on the internet. *shrugs*  I'm still waiting for you to point out the "other posts on this board" that you noted in your original post about this company, and the "spam" they would send you. I went and did actual up to the moment history for you, checked out, did step by step, looked up the internet history on the site, and everything for the site is verifiable. You, however, have not given me the additional proof you said you had in your original post.  This makes me a little uncomfortable. Also, three posts by new members with no other history except naming the same person as you in a post - but no other real evidence. No paper trail(s), no histories (from anyone), nothing. And you will not back up your original post with what I keep asking for.

So I think I will step away from this matter and try to let someone else maybe with more expertise assist you - maybe someone else who might have had some "history" with Mr. "Gavin *****" from "some foreign country" (which you never say what country it is - none of the "three" posters did).

So, I wish you the best of luck, and I hope there is someone here on the boards who can help you get to the bottom of this.

Raven

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I understand that you're concerned about the purchases that you have made. Raveninred has given you some good advice - keep an eye out for the item. If it doesn't arrive and the seller is not communicative, you can file a dispute. If you feel you have purchased from a fake site, here's something to double-check: Look in your PayPal history to see if there is a transaction. If there is no transaction, you should consider any information you gave in "checkout" to be compromised and you should change your PayPal password as soon as possible.

I have had to remove some information that was posted in this thread to keep it in compliance with our community guidelines. Full names and contact information of other PayPal customers must be kept out of posts.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

raven what I was worried about was him useing my personal information that was given to buy the supposed R4 Cards, Because in this section of the forums I read that someone who tried buying something from a foreign company did not receive it and instead received foreign spam mail in their own mailbox, Raven I keep explaining certain things and for some reason you are talking about different things like how your saying I said I was receiving spam I said I was worried about receiving it, im just trying to find out if I was scammed or not and after receiving no info from the support they provide which is down 24/7 and haveing the other people in this topic say they were also swindled by the same person Im going to go about paypal with the correct procedures about getting my money back from a scam, Ive gotten all the clearity I needed for my decision

Login to Me Too

Mommiemade
New Community Member

Yep.

I made a purchase from R4card.org on Mar 7.  Took me directly to PayPal checkout to one Gavin *****.

No replies to emails made to his account or the r4card.org site.

Went to file a dispute, which said he is unable to respond; so escalated to a claim.

From my experience, this means I'm out the money...

Swell.

Login to Me Too

StephenB
Contributor
Contributor

I did the report and escalate claim and was told nothing could be done, and mod if your out there, hes done this to a few people, please please can't you just ask someone what can be done? He is just abuseing the use of paypal to rob people of money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.