Scam?

frodriguez8705
Contributor
Contributor

I Just received this e-mail today and I wasnt sure if it was a scam or not. The first sign that this looked fishy was that it sent the e-mail to my secondary email account and i haven't received anything in my primary (which is where I ALWAYS get paypal emails)  This is what it said:

Dear Member,

As part of our efforts to provide a safe and secure environment for the
online community, we regularly screen account activity.
Our review of your account has identified an issue regarding its safe use.
We have placed a restriction on your account as a precaution.

To lift the restriction we will require some further information from you.

We have sent you an attachment which contains all the necessary steps in order to restore your account access.
Download and open it in your browser.
After we have gathered the necessary information, you will regain full access to your account.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

PayPal Review Department

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

frankgst

Similar thing with me he is on ship and is using a agent to pick up the car problem he had the wrong car wrong price.  He even try to friend me on face book this is a SCAM do not due it.  Do not click on any email link even it says papal the guy even used a the logo to make look legit. Always sign on secure websites with papal to check your status on your account if you see nothing showing paid.  Its not paid. Never send money westernuion who you do not know.

Think about why would someone have the full price of the item you they are wanting to buy but yet cannot pay a "Fee" or use a agent to pay.  They should pay direct not third party.  Unless you know them in person never do anything with a third party agent or contact them. 

Frank

Login to Me Too

JLC
Contributor
Contributor

Beware! I have just had the exact same thing happen but with Lynda .  Fraud!!!!  Exact same emails as all above have received .  I was selling an antique cupboard.  She wanted $650 for shipping and $80 for Western Union. And guess what?  She was a missionary in England!!!  She **bleep**ed up so many details but I don't want to post all the little details that gave her away in the fear that I am helping future scams!!! 

I feel like posting Lynda . Lynda . Lynda . Lynda . Lynda . Lynda all over the internet with Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam.  How can I report her email? 

I feel really angry about this.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi folks!

A quick note about posting names - No one is refuting that this person is trying to scam you. Please keep in mind that the person who has contacted you is probably not using his or her real name. The possibility exists that the name being used belongs to someone else, and that person might be a victim of identity theft. There's no way to know for sure if it's just a name made up out of thin air or the real name of someone who's already been through the wringer at the hands of this person who's trying to scam you.

The safest bet to make sure we're not unwittingly contributing to someone else's victimization is to observe the Community Guidelines and not post names or contact information.

Thanks everyone!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JLC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure that this person is not using a real name; that's why I posted it.  It seems like many people were the victim of a scam by 'Susan', and I just wanted to make people aware that someone using the name Lynda is now doing the same exact scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.