Reverse Paypal scam using Craig's list

chalumeaux
Contributor
Contributor

I've been reading the postings regarding scamming selling a car on Craig's list.  All involve buyers scamming sellers using PayPal.  What about the opposite - sellers scamming buyers with essntially the same MO?  I live in San Diego and inquired about a car allegedly in Montana.  Here's the latest email from the "seller": It is printed here exactly as I received it, grammar, spelling and all.

"I'm sorry for my late reply.I priced the Altima to sell fast because I am not able to drive it due to some health problems.I had a stroke some time ago and I'm taking phisical therapy and my insurance doesn't cover everything.
The Altima is in great condition,you will not have any problems with it,it was kept it like a baby.
it never had any mechanical or electrical problems,no accidents
The  Altima  will be shipped to your place from Billings,MT.It is sealed and ready for shipping.
It will come along with it's documents,signed title on the front and back(notarized signatures) and the notarized bill of sale so you can easily transfer the registration in your name.All you have to do it to visit your local DMV office(with the papers provided) and transfer the registration in your name,it's very easy.
According with ebay you have 7 days from the time you receive the vehicle to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Like I told you the total price is $2280 including 
shipping and handling so all you must do is to
confirm ebay the price of $2280.
You have 7 days to test the Altima and after the 
inspection period in case you don't want to buy it then you will be refunded and I will pay for returns.
PS: I will need your name and shipping address so I can get the ball rolling with ebay.They will contact us with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.).
Thanks
Patricia

Is this legitimate or should I run like **bleep**?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

wp2011
New Community Member

I would say that this is a very legitimate ad.

I would certainly take advantage of it.

While on the subject, I have an immensely popular item which may be considered a landmark in New York. 

I will likewise package it and ship it to you in bubble wrap to ensure it gets there in pristine condition. 

Some of you may not be familiar with it, but it is indeed a work of great beauty and art.

It was recently shown in the papers and on TV during the OWS demonstratiions. 

It is great for a back yard or a front lawn focal point. 

It is only $1999.00 which is cheaper than the Altima but will give you years of pleasure.

Payment through PayPal and eBay will  be accepted and the item can be returned for a full refund in 7 days.

Here in NY we call it The Brooklyn Bridge".  Please don't pay any mind to the rumors that it has been sold before.

Those were not legitimate sales. 

Contact me ASAP otherwise you will lose this opportunity. 

Login to Me Too

chalumeaux
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.