Plimus Ltd. is a fraud

blhagan1
New Community Member

I received an email that my Paypal account was going to be charged from Plimus Ltd.  I have not done business with this company & no charges have been made.  Therefore, this email appears to be a fraud to get me to click on their site.  Be very careful if you hear from this group!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

hcheetwood
New Community Member

I also recieved an email from these people this morning saying they were going to charge my account $137.00. I have never heard of them.

Login to Me Too

ScrappyHappy
Contributor
Contributor

Plimus is a legitimate company. Someone out there is just using their name to try to get Paypal usernames and passwords. I've also seen fake Amazon emails that try to steal passwords.

Whenever in doubt, just type in paypal.com in your browser (do NOT click the links in the emails). Then check your Paypal account carefully for withdrawals. If there are none then you're fine and know the email was a spoof.

Login to Me Too

ronw116
New Community Member

I also received an email from PayPal, saying that they "wanted to verify my account" and had put a freeze on my account.  I had to (first) verify my identity (charge card numbers, etc.), which I really did not feel comfortable doing and then change my pw.

There were actually two frauds involved, Plimus and Gameforge.

I'm having trouble finding how to contact PayPal, to ask how these companies got my information in the first place.  I could sort of tell that PayPal knew something was wrong; and Google sure confirmed that!  But PayPal has said nothing to me directly!!! 

Anyone know how to complains to PayPal for what, to me, is their attempt to downplay this issue?

Ron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.