PayPal Regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification???

BluzeFluze
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following email and wonder if it's legit. It states that I have a negative balance on my accourt. I  recently made a purchase from buy.com and recieved the merchandise, so I'm guessing everything is ok, and see nothing unusual on my account. I did not open the the attachment, but if it IS legit, I don't want my account to be suspended as stated.  Here's the text of the email:

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedure we have detected a slight error in your PayPal account. This might be due to the following reasons: 1. A recent change in your personal information (ie. change of address, email address) 2. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our systems. We have attached a form to this email. Please download the form and follow the instructions on your screen. NOTE: The form needs to be opened in a modern browser which has javascript enabled (ex: Internet Explorer, Firefox ,Netscape) Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporary suspend your account. Sincerely, PayPal Account Review Department. Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address are not monitored. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The e-mail is bogus and the form attached to the e-mail is a keylogger virus.

Take Care

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.