PayPal Policy - IMPORTANT

cmaranhao
Contributor
Contributor

just placed some pictures of my hartke system for sale in a national website (portuguese)

after a while, just got an email from a brittish fellow saying he wants to buy the hartke from me and wants do do the payment using paypal.. everything fine until now.

the strange part is that this guy says he will arrange a transportation of the items on its own..

my problem is how can i be sure he gets what he paid for? what happens to me if the items get lost and never appear again? what if they get damaged? will pay pal ask me for a refund? what if this is a scam? what if the seller gets the hartke and says he never got it? will i have to give the money back?

i asked if this guy would be using DHL, UPS or SEUR but he said this is a private company... this means that at this point i do not even know if i will get a receipt proving i sent the goods!! does this seem a scam or what?

I already emailed paypal asking for advice but i am still waiting for their reply.

PS: when i was exchanging emails with this guy, i said i would not like to use paypal because i was afraid to have to pay tax, this way the money i am asking would be cut by 21% due to national taxes.. he said no and gave me this email so i could confirm with paypal i would not be paying any tax.. just check this:

the email the guy gave is this one:

services@paypal-team.com

and i use gmail and that email account is named services@intl.paypal.com (notice the S in services)

i asked some things to that fake (i think it is fake) and they said everything is ok with this deal.

this is a scammer right? what do you think he is trying to do? trying me to send him the stuff, then he opens a file against me and i have to refund him? what do you think i should do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, it's a scam.

He'll have the item redirected, which oids your seller protection and you'll find that his courier was paid from a stolen shipping account number.  The courier will come back on you for the shipping chrges.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, it's a scam.

He'll have the item redirected, which oids your seller protection and you'll find that his courier was paid from a stolen shipping account number.  The courier will come back on you for the shipping chrges.

Login to Me Too

cmaranhao
Contributor
Contributor

thank you. i ignored him.

regards

Login to Me Too

printers9999
Contributor
Contributor

The customer will probably send you a check for more than the amount of the item and ask you to deposit it and then pay a courier service by cash, wire transfer etc.  They may let you keep $50 for your trouble.  Usually the check will be sent by Fedex or UPS overnight to make it look real and to avoid US Mail fraud.  They may not even pick up the item.  The check will be bogus.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.