Outlook Issue

Ndlovu
New Community Member

I received an email and when I try to open the email is locks up my outlook and then opens a window with the following "\\102.112.207.net\6\ss\PAYPALGLOBAL\1\G.4-NS". this will keep happening until I am able to click off the email.

Any ideas as to what is going on.

Ndlovu

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

KKB
New Community Member

Starting yesterday, everytime I get a Notification of Payment email it crashes my Outlook (Oultook 2010, PC)..  This has happened consistently 5 time, with different notifications at different times of the day. 

What has changed in the emails and how do I prevent it?

Thanks!

K

Login to Me Too

rak
Contributor
Contributor

Here is what has changed.  If you view the source of the email, the following is what is causing Outlook to crash:

src="//102.112.2O7.net/b/ss/paypalglobal/1/G.4--NS/123456?pageName=system_email_PP464"

It used to be:

src="https://102.112.2O7.net/b/ss/paypalglobal/1/G.4--NS/123456?pageName=system_email_PP464"

The missing https: causes outlook to hang while it is trying to load this image.  If you let outlook just sit there it will eventually load the email.  Selecting Forward seems to hasten the loading time, so you can at least read the email.

Login to Me Too

Learn2soar
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, It's happening to me too. VERY annoying! Come on PayPal, sort out the problem

Login to Me Too

bangbangyourdea
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me!

Been trying to repair my folders in outlook all day thinking that was the problem!!

Please fix ASAP as getting a lot of payments in and causing Outlook to lockup for 20-30 seconds each time an email is clicked!

Login to Me Too

CyberSultan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this info!  This was driving me nuts.  The PayPal emails just started hanging my Outlook 2010 starting yesterday and I was about to throw the computer out the window until I found this thread.

PayPal, please fix your emails!

Login to Me Too

SeanSliwinski
New Community Member

Agreed, PAYPAL FIX THIS....unfortunately, if experience speaks to this, it will be WEEKS or MONTHS before correcting the issue. I was not recieving notifications for more than a month and disucssion with CS only said that they could not isolate the cause.

Sometimes I really don't like knowing enough about the technology to know when i am getting smoke blown up my arse....

Login to Me Too

fwa

Actually pleased to find this thread.

I spent all of yesterday trying to figure this out and even had my host running around on it as well.

Exactly the same for me... PayPal emails crashing outlook.

I have changed HTML emails to Text emails for the short term to save me watching Outlook hang for 5 mins every time I click on a PayPal email.

Fingers crossed PayPal will fix this very quickly.

Shame they won't be able to compensate us for all of the precious time this wasted us all, already!

Login to Me Too

Superkart_rob
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the tip in switching to text. I am in the UK and it started with my first transaction yesterday. From looking at the message code from older transactions PayPal has done a hyperlink update for a logo and its looking for that link.

When will people learn. If its not broken dont fix it.

How do we report this? The more that report it the quicker it will be fixed. Or we all move to worldpay.

Login to Me Too

lexam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm also facing the exact same problems.

Is anyone from Paypal actually dealing with this? I guess it isn't that hard to correct the notifications template...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.