Nigeria shipping address??? Scam???

dirtyburke
New Community Member

Ok so I posted an ad for my laptop on craigs list, this lady emailed me and said she was very interested, she wanted to buy the computer for her son. She asked me to set up a paypal account so she scould send the money. So I did and gave her the info to make her payment. Now I get a email from PayPal saying the funds are there, but I have to ship it to Nigeria before I get the money? I think this is a scam, please give me some feedback on this.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It's almost certainly a scam... anything "Nigeria" is very likely a scam.

If a payment was actually sent to your PayPal account, you would see it in your PayPal Account Overview page or your PayPal Account History page.

Always login to your PayPal account using a trusted link (saved bookmark) to see if the payment is there.  If the payment is not there, you have not been paid.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

THANHANH
New Community Member

YES I HAVE THE SAME THING ASK ME SHIP ITEM OUT AND GIVE PAYPAL TRACKING # BEFORE MONEY SO UP ON MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT   I THINK PAYPAL WED NEED TO DO SOME THING SO ACCOUNT HOLDER CAN KNOW  THAT EMAIL IS NOT FROM PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

nme00108
Contributor
Contributor

similar to the two prior posts, don't follow up on the transactions. Not speaking ill of anyone from nigeria. But 98-99% of the posters are scammers hoping they can trick someone to send the the requested item(s). 

Login to Me Too

Mocha01
New Community Member

Same thing happen to me. I almost shipped my blackberry, but the lady at the post office told me how people lost their stuff doing that.

The email used was <email address removed in accordance with Community Guidelines> SELLER BEWARE!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.