Massive paypal fraud!

IceCube
Contributor
Contributor

hello everyone i have come across a system that is advertising free unlimited credits as long as they pay with paypal

the thing is the owner of the system is making a dummy paypal account telling everyone to pay for his services to that paypal then he sends the money to another secured paypal and he tells everyone to dispute their payments.

im pretty sure this is illigal and is their anyway i can get this guys website shut down or put him in jail?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi IceCube, and welcome to the forums!

If this is indeed what is occurring, you're right - it's a violation of the PayPal User Agreement and is likely to be fraudulent behavior. The best way to report it is to log into your PayPal account and click Contact Us at the bottom of the page. You can then email via the form, or call the number listed there. If you opt to email, there's a category for reporting fraud. Please supply whatever information you have that you think our fraud team might find helpful. PayPal will not be able to update you on actions or investigations taking place on another person's account, but the information is definitely welcome!

If you feel that you have been a victim of fraud personally, here are some resources you may find helpful:

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.