Is this a scam - PayPal Survey?

mandyb619
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from PayPal requesting me to click on a link to complete a survey as follows - does anyone know if this is legit?

"In a continuing effort to provide our users with the best possible online payment experience, we randomly select registered users, like you, to participate in surveys. Your feedback will help us enhance your PayPal experience. We appreciate your taking just two minutes to respond.

To complete the survey, simply click on the Web address shown below (or copy the address into your browser).

Sincerely,

PayPal

PayPal has commissioned GfK Custom Research North America, an independent market research company, to conduct this Web-based survey among its members. If you have concerns about the validity of this survey, please contact survey @ paypal . com. "

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Kdizzle
Contributor
Contributor

That is a legitimate Paypal email.  If you have called the customer service line in the past month they will send out random surveys to find out if you were helped by their call center with your inquiry.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I'd hate to be the one that has to read the answers on that....

Login to Me Too

Mareliz

I received that exact email today, and my browser won't accept that site as verified. It won't trust it at all, and I've tried the site (out of curiosity) in three different browsers. I know that PayPal sends out surveys randomly, but it's suspicious to have people click on a link from an email to an untrusted site. 

Keep in mind that the URL in the above email directs to paypal-surveys.com (with an "s") and not paypal-survey.com. When you type in paypal-survey.com into your browser, it redirects straight back to PayPal. Not so with paypal-surveys.com, which brings up a page that says, "Directory Listing Denied." 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I think it's legit - I had them before, until I "reminded" Paypal that I don't want them.

Paypal uses an outside company to do the surveys.

I do agree that it works against what they recommend, though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.