Is it a scam like I think?

mickey
New Community Member

I posted something for sale on craigslist a day or so ago and got an immediate response. The person claimed to be buying it for a friend overseas. He claims he sent the money and paypal would hold it until I shipped the item and gave paypal the tracking number. Now this screamed scam to me, but I figured I would check with you guys first.     Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Tom
Contributor
Contributor

Similar thing is happening to me. No money has entered my account and i got an email saying i needed to ship it first. This seems like a scam to me, but i have never used paypal outside of ebay. So, i am holding off shipping until i have the money first, and suggest you do the same. In all business it is money first, product second.

Login to Me Too

yclayborne32
Contributor
Contributor

It is a 100% scam do not send anything to them.  I had that happen to me too. They sent a fake paypal deposit email to my account and the first thing I did was check my paypal account and of course nothing.  Again it is a scam and do not send them anything. Make sure you let paypal security know about this.

Login to Me Too

elaineee
New Community Member

Olá pessoal! Existe alguma configuraÇao para abrir a opçao de pagamento parcelado com o juros para o cliente. Eh urgente aguardo, obrigada! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.