my Job,i am an oceanist and i am buying this for my dad.i am at sea
right now, and i am glad you accept my offer.I can only pay through
paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bank account
online,but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i
insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email
address to make the payments,and if you dont have a paypal account
yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com i will be
expecting your email.my mover will arrange for the pick up after
payment clear . Thanks and nice doing business with you.

--
Still available for sale?
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Tpad
Contributor
Contributor
Here is the scam email that I received. I just put an ad up for sale on Craigslist. Email received shortly after posting listed. Glad I checked it out! Hello, I really appreciate your response to my mail,i am satisfied with the price and would like to buy this vehicle from you and i want you to withdraw the advert from the site. I'm using this opportunity also to inform you that i won't be able to come and inspect it or pay by cash because i am an offshore oil worker with Exxon and i am at work on sea at the moment PayPal is the only option open to me as i don't have online banking attached to my bank account. I would appreciate it if i could pay via PayPal. Meanwhile pick up will be organized by me after payment has been made. However if you don't have a PayPal account you can just log on to PayPal.com and set up an account it is easy and secure to pay and receive money through paypal. Please get back to me asap Kim.
Login to Me Too

Travis_79

Yea I got that one to!! Plus here's some more names .. Cole!  and Davidson! None will give complete info about there selves except that the nature of their job will not allow them to call and they keep pushing REALLLYYYY hard for me to setup a paypal account I knew they were suspicious!!! AHHH people make me soooo mad!! Do not respond to these people and please let me know if you have recieved the same kind a messages from these names.. And my listing was on craigslist.. Should've known!

Login to Me Too

sigmazeta
New Community Member

Yep, i just got the same e-mail from a Davidson. He essentially said same thing in regards to not being able to call do to the nature of his job, but please create a paypal account and send me your e-mail address and i will arrange for an agent to pick up the item.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I wanted to pop in for a minute to explain why we have removed the names that were posted in this thread.

I'm actually going to quote Adrian, who summed it up rather nicely in this post

Very often, the names, phone numbers, and addresses given to anyone by a fraudster is a real name, phone number, or address.  But whose information is it?

Well, most often, it's another victim.  It's not the fraudster.

I can't stress enough that by repeating that information in the Forums or elsewhere, you may be unknowingly victimizing or re-victimizing another person.  Individuals whose information is used in these scams repeatedly receive harassing phone calls, letters, emails, and in some cases, wind up in physical confrontations with people who think they're the scammer.

To all of our members, please don't track down, contact, or confront spoofers or fraudsters on your own.  In most instances, the person you track down has nothing to do with the fraud and not only are you harassing them, but if this is the real spoofer, you could be placing yourself at personal risk.  Do the right thing - if you have information that you feel can lead to the arrest of a real fraudster, don't confront them yourself.  Give the information over to the local authorities and let them take care of it. 

Your life, liberty, and well-being aren't worth losing over an email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mpaetzy

I got this email from at least 5 differnet emails today. And than someone bought my truck on ebay and I am receving the same email from the buyer. Ebay did not really help me resolve my issue when i called them, they told me to wait 4 days to see if i receive payment. what should i do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.