I got scammed BY PAY PAL

ShanoL
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by Pay Pal (via e-mail) that as soon as I provided them with shipping information my account would be immediately credited. I provided that information on 12-4-09 (20 days ago) and still haven't received my money. They won't respond to my e-mails. How do I get my money?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You misunderstood, the funds are released earlier if the buyer leaves feedback OR the D/C shows the item as delivered. 

Did the buyer leave you feedback or does the D/C show delivery.

Login to Me Too

ShanoL
Contributor
Contributor

I still have the e-mail from Pay Pal which states that the funds would be released immediately once the shipping information was submitted. It does not say anything about a hold on the funds, or feedback. If that is the case I would understand, but it's very misleading.

Login to Me Too

ShanoL
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way that you can look into this? It's now been 27 days and I still don't have my money. How do I get anyone from Pay Pal to help me?

Login to Me Too

saff5800
Contributor
Contributor

yes i just bought a item and i payed for it and the company or ebay or paypal **bleep**ed up and there is no room for error when dealing with all the banks it is called monopoly bank or paypal error in my favor and everybody has a boss like the BBB or the goveners office. buyers and sellers beware there is paypal then there is ebay both with different policys like anything under a $100 dollars it clearly states on line E of ebay there must be a online tracking & signature so dont play games with them i just paied $15.50 for a elvis colonge that they **bleep**ed up item number        320477301716 thata that ....... 

Login to Me Too

ShanoL
Contributor
Contributor

It's now been over 50 days and I still haven't received my funds. NOW do you have any advise?

Login to Me Too

mollysenior2004
New Community Member

there are transactions that i did not make and paypal is taking funds out of my bank account

Login to Me Too

my_kids4
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting waiting sense Dec.19 and when i called them last week he tried telling me that they returned it dec.23 .But i have not gotten anything at all.It's pretty bad when it only takes them a few seconds to get it off my debit card and i have to wait til they decide to give it bck.If I get it back!Maybe we should all get together and call for action in the scams section.

Login to Me Too

ShanoL
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to know how on earth you even speak to a Pay Pal representative. All I've ever gotten is a recording. How do you get through to them?

Login to Me Too

sludog1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal apparently DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER hold onto funds for any reason if someone sent money to your account!  If you receive a notice stating funds will be transferd when a tracking number is provided, IT IS A SCAM! I was recently told by 2 of their reps that once someone "pays" you, it is automatically credited on your account.  I asked them both jus to verify and even asked, "what if I just made up a website, put a list of products for sale, even tho I truely had nothing, put a paypal button on and started accepting money?"  One girl laughed and said even in THAT case, the money would be credited to my paypal account as soon as someone went through the purchasing on the website, BUT as soon as they didnt receive the item, I would be investigated and charged with fraud, theft and a couple other things which I forget now.  I recently posted an item for sale on www.Kijiji.ca which is a classified ad site for Canada and I received an email from this "Mac Dowells" with a gmail address trying to scam me. He was offering to pay $100 MORE than what I was even offering the item for plus $150 for shipping it to Nigeria for his fiancee. I knew it was a scam jus for that reason, who is ever goin to pay $100 more for an item?  but jus for fun I played along and told him sure, I'd sell it to him but created a new PayPal account with all wrong information. The next morning I had an email ***Notification Of An Instant Payment Of $400.00CAD Received From MaC Dowells which look IDENTICAL to what PayPal would send, only thing it was from incpaypalverified at a mail2world.com address and said the purchase has been approved but had the instructions to send my tracking number to that same  @mail2world account and only then would the funds be applied to my account.  Again, PAYPAL verified twice, that they will always credit your account as soon as someone buys something from you or legit puts money into your account.   Watch out tho, this guy is persistant.  Even after i called him on the scam and told him i knew what he was trying to do, he's wrote me threating to report ME to the FBI and PAYPAL for trying to steal from HIM!!!  apparently this is an old scam, but I've never heard of it. I just rely on "if its too good to be true...." saying. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.