How do I report a paypal account for intervening with my ebay auctions?

eszeppelin
Contributor
Contributor

This guy has attempted to block all buyers from my bids on ebay by bidding extremely high on my aucitons (and then refusing to pay). He is harassing me with insulting emails daily. I've already blocked 3 of his ebay accounts from bidding on my auctions but he still continues to send harassing emails. He has linked all 3 ebay accounts to the same paypal account, so how can I report this paypal account to paypal?

thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You don't report him to paypal, report him to ebay.

At the bottom of the emails you get from ebay, there's a report link hidden in the fine print.  Report every email.

In the items that he's bought, go to your feedback page, scroll to the bottom and click on the "leave feedback" link, then click on the "Report a problem" link immediately below the line for the items that he's bought.

Report that he has circumvented your Blocked buyer list ( he's an unwelcome bidder).

If he is placing high bids early enough, you can cancel his bids and add his ID to your blocked list at that point.

You could try to report him to paypal through their security center, but I doubt that they'll do anything about it.  ebay should ban him and ban any further ID's that he tries to construct at the same IP address.

Another thing you could do, although I'm not going to recommend it, is put all of your listings on Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required ( you click on a special box for that).  Then the listing stays up until it's really paid for in Paypal.

Unless you have a jealous, controlling ex-byfriend/husband, it's likely that this is just random nonsense from a bored teenager - some of these twits occasionally like to tear up a seller "just for fun" (may their computer explode in their face).

If it keeps up, call the police and report him for harassment.

Login to Me Too

eszeppelin
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!!! I have reported his emails but ebay has been slow dealing with this issue (going on 5 days). What could the police do in this matter if he continues blocking other bidders from bidding on my items?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

The police don't do anything on that - you do something by blocking him and cancelling his bids.

You get the police involved if his emails become threatening.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.