You are viewing the PayPal Community Archives. This content may be old or outdated. Leave the Archive
Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET). Learn more in Community Events
This person is deplorable, yes. But why not take action? Please report her to the FDA Cosmetics Division, the local BBB (Eastern Michigan), IRS (she publically reported to never paying taxes in the years she sold items), Ripoffreport.com...anywhere you can think of. She needs to be stopped and prosecuted!
I have spent over $800 this past year on GS items. I too have had eye irritation recently and have stopped using the products. Over the past several months, I've had several conversations with the owner about making things better from a customer service point of view and also discussed FDA laws and labeling practices, which was blatantly disregarded.
I encourage anyone who is concerned about the issue, has ANY of the colors that are listed above and/or has had eye irritation issues to to the following:
1) IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF ANY GLITTERSNIFFER PRODUCTS!
2) Contact PayPal via phone and file a dispute. They will only go back 45 days on any dispute you may have but even if you don't have anything in that time period, they are taking complaints. The representative that I just spoke to stated that the reps were made aware of this issue at the beginning of today's shift and that an investigation is underway. He stated that he could not disclose the nature of the investigation but that it is happening and that they don't take this type of thing lightly. He also encouraged others to call in with their experiences.
3) Send Lela a payment request for the colors that you own that are of issue. She will of course deny it but then you have a record of having approached her for a refund.
4) Go to the FDA website and read about cosmetic safety, then file a complaint. You can find this information at http://www.fda.gov/Cosmeti cs/CosmeticLabelingLabelCl aims/default.htm Filing a complaint is VERY IMPORTANT! These things are taken very seriously, especially when a product is hurting people.
5) If you've purchased via Etsy, contact them through the Etsy website or at community @ etsy.com to state your concerns about this seller so they can work on their investigation
6) Contact Artfire at service @ artfire.com regardless of whether you've purchased through there or not. Make the subject of your email Glittersniffer Cosmetics Attn Vanessa. They are investigating and any information you send them will help with stopping the sales through their site.
7) Continue to talk with others about the issue and sharing information. What we share makes us more aware of what's happening and also will keep us in touch when a class action lawsuit is filed so we can all be included in it.
Do NOT be afraid to come forward. There is strength in numbers and if the owner or someone affiliated with her sends you any emails or makes phone calls to you making threats, you have others who will stand behind you. The success of this depends on mass participation.
If you can think of any other things to add to the list of items, please post below.
I tried to file an FDA complaint but as I live in Canada I was unable to.. however I DID purchase from her off of Etsy so I will email their customer service as well as Artfire's. I also filed a complaint with the BBB and a claim via Paypal.
I'm glad that there are people willing to speak out about this, it's so wrong she is continuing to sell and trying to sweep this under the rug so new customers don't know what has happened.
On a related note, I've seen screenshots of her admitting she didn't donate funds she collected for various charities and is now using that money to pay off her Paypal debt.. this is so incredibly wrong it left me speechless. Is there anything that can be done about this?
EDIT: she also sells pigments via Etsy under WorkingGirlCosmetics which has not been mentioned anywhere. She hasn't advertised the link between this company and Glittersniffer for some time now but it is still in business.
I went to the website to check it out and you might be happy to know that it say they are on a "hiatus" which means I dont think they are selling anymore of their bad products! Thank you for the info on this company.
Unfortunately, they have been advertising a new collection for a couple days now and have also stated they will be re-opening for business in less than a week.
I want to look into getting my money back. This is disturbing. I don't want to be putting unsafe products on my eyelids.
if you visit the Glittersniffer website at www.glittersniffercosmetics.com you will find an official statement from Lela Warren regarding how she intends to process refunds. She wants you to send your items back and will offer a refund... eventually. I don't know about you, but if I'm going to send her back the items then I'd like a timeframe to expect my refund. I also think that the FAQ's that she's listed contradict themselves and feel that she does NOT have an attorney and hasn't really followed up with the FDA on how to deal with this. That is my personal opinion, based on prior interactions between myself and Lela Warren.