Fake email from paypal

birddogbee
Contributor
Contributor
Beware: f your selling on craigs list or local area website fraud scams: Below is an example of one I received from supicious paypal. Seller said he paid thru paypal and this is the confirmation i received that he had paid

Dear (my email here)(which when scrolled over showed someone elses email at yahoo)
 Smith Paul just sent you money with PayPal.

Smith Paul is a Verified buyer. 
               Money Request Details    
    Subtotal          :$1200.00 USD
Shipping Cost:$  0.00 USD
Total                :$1200.00 USD
Transaction ID:8B174-130NG-7404-35H
Note                 :RING - $1200
 Transaction Confirmed   
**PLEASE NOTE**
The buyer of this item requested this item to be shipping to the following address below buyer shipping information.
Name : OSOBA ANSLEM SUNDAY
                 27 IRESHE ROAD,
                 IKORODU,
                 LAGOS STATE
                 NIGERIA

Confirmed  This PayPal payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment tracking number is sent to our customer care support for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.Below are the necessary information requested before we will send you URL/hyperlink  to click for you to receive  the money in your account completely. Send tracking number to paypal processing department at  and our customer online processing will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account within 48hours after shipping verification.You can also notify the buyer with the tracking number so your account can be credited within 24hrs of shipment verification.
                                               **PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified  and the tracking number sent to us, You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL"  from PayPal informing you that the Money has been credited.
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Day
Contributor
Contributor

OTHER SCAM EMAILS..BEWARE AS I AM I THINK THE MOST CURRENT VICTIM...IM HOPING THAT I COULD GET MY VIDEO CAMERA BACK..WILL POST SOME MORE EMAILS FROM THESE PEOPLE.....
We at   PayPal       will like to bring to your notice that the total funds of $1260.00 USD will be credited into your PayPal account in the next 48hrs.
Our Customer has added this funds because of the import policy in    Nigeria  ,The item you sent was held by custom in Nigeria and the custom in Nigeria are demanding for $450.00 USD for the custom bill.Thus, go to any Western Union location nearer to you and send the sum requested. As soon as we receive the MTCN control number and the required information,Your Money will be credited instantly.

MTCN is a 10 digit number  reference number given to you at western union location.

NOTE: DO NOT SEND THE MTCN NUMBER TO THE BUYER IT MUST BE SEND TO US FOR FURTHER VERIFICATION AND TO PROTECT OUT CUSTOMER FROM FRAUD.YOU ARE ADVISE TO KEEP THIS TO YOUR SELF INORDER TO BE FRAUD FREE AND NOT TO GET HACKED

The  payment has been confirmed by PayPal. The Buyer added this funds into your PayPal account due to the fact that the buyer was asked to pay $450.00 USD for custom bills before He can received the item .You are required to send the sum of $450.00 USD to AZEEZ AKIODE, through     Western Union Money Transfer with the following details below and get back to us with the following details so your PayPal account can be credited with the sum of $1260.00 USD .The payment will be credited into your account immediately we receive the MTCN control number received from  Western Union office .

Receiver's Name-               AZEEZ AKIODE
1:Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
2:Sender's Name and Address.
3:Security Question:           What For
4:Answer:                               Good
5:Amount?                             $450.00 USD
6;State:                                    Lagos
7:Country :                             Nigeria

This policy is therefore meant to protect both the buyer and the seller.Thus, send the MTCN number to------------ Be rest assured as we have everything under control and we hereby apologize for the inconvenience this might cause you as we are working towards serving you well in the future.

PayPal Services.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (worldwide) Limited is authorized and regulated by the   Financial Services Authority  in the United State as an    electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056.

PayPal Email ID PP1525

Login to Me Too

Day
Contributor
Contributor

SCAMMERS RESPONSE TO ME WHEN I SAID I DONT HAVE MONEY TO SEND--------------

and once you send them the money for the custom bill kindly inform me okay and i will assure you to get back to them as soon as possible cos i'm very sure once you send them the MTCN your account will be credited with no further delay okay.U can borrow money to your friends.

Login to Me Too

Day
Contributor
Contributor

fake email asking for the shipment tracking number-------------------------

This is an automatic mail from the PayPal mailing team informing about the incoming payment into your PayPal account by Mrs Juliana Elli, cause the mode of the payment is that after you have successfully ship out the item before the fund can be credited into your PayPal account but if that is not done the payment will be canceled and you will be charge from your account so we are assuring you that your fund is secure only if the confirmation of shipment is sent to us.

If you have questions about how to send the shipping and tracking of your shipped item or service, please contact our customer service at -----------------

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Copyright ? 1999-2009 PayPal.. All rights reserved. PayPal (America) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the Usa as an electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226058.

PayPal Email ID PP1525
Login to Me Too

Day
Contributor
Contributor

Hello   

We are very sorry for the late response your fund as We've received want you to get back to us with the shipment tracking number and the scan receipt and mail about how long it takes for the fund to be transferred . We want you to Scan  the receipt that was given to you at the post office or shipping company and send it to us for final verifications and clearance of your fund. Once the shipment receipt is finally verified your account will be credited immediately.

Please we urge you to exercise patience till the verification process is complete as We will contact you as soon as the verification is completed. 

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to e-mail by replying this mail we sent to you.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team.

Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (USA) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United State as an electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056.

PayPal Email ID PP1525

Login to Me Too

Day
Contributor
Contributor

EMAIL OF THE SCAMMER--------

okay thanks for the mail,i live in Texas city in US but i'm out of town now for a business contract on malaga spain and there are the shipping address below,

Name.....James Johnson
Address...33 Olayinka Street Ijeshatodo
City..........Surulere
State ......Lagos
Country.....Nigeria
Zipcode.....23401

so kindly get back to me with your paypal email address and the total amount plus the shipping cost through US DOLLAR and i will love you to ship out the package through FEDEX AIR MAIL okay so that i can proceed with the payment asap,

thanks and hope to hear form you soon,

Login to Me Too

birddogbee
Contributor
Contributor

hi, if you google the zip code you will see that it is a zip for keller virginia. I have had other emails from different buyers on the ring I am selling. All of them have zip codes over 2000 miles from where I posted it locally..and all have the same stupid broken language. Wanting to know if I still have the ring. I told the first scammer that it was in the mail..hope he rots waiting on it. Each one that has emailed I simply refer back to Paul the first scammer and tell them to ask him..ahahaha

Login to Me Too

arnett001
Contributor
Contributor

Will Paypal never ask to send a money order, yes? Because that would be a good way to tell if it was a scam or not. The e-mail I'm getting involves "paypal" claiming that they overcharged the buyer's account and want me to send them the difference by money order and give them the MTCN. Still, the emails look VERY convincing, I wish that there would be a notification on your actual paypal account when you "have funds available" so you could immediately tell when these things are scams. the e-mail is from a Debbie dot something at gmail on behalf of Paypal Service.

Login to Me Too

birddogbee
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal will NEVER ask you to send a money order etc. If you paid thru paypal then the refund will also be thru paypal. DO NOT send a money order. if you were paid thru paypal, log on to paypal by typing in their address do not click on the link in the email sent to you. if an item you sold was paid with paypal then the transaction will show up in your account. If it doesn't then its a scam...

Login to Me Too

Day
Contributor
Contributor

CHECK OUT ANOTHER EMAIL FROM SCAMMERS..THEY WONT GIVE UP EASILY..THEY WILL RIP US OFF AS LONG AS THEY CAN!!!!!!

Chief Controller
Nigeria Custom Authority
Nigeria Custom and Excise

FROM THE DESK OF: Commander EBENGE GODWIN

HellO 

We receive a disband Goods and have been confirmed as a fraud from our database here in Nigeria and we want you to know that we want to take all necessity to curd scam out of the country and hence we have concluded we are returning the packages to the address we have on the item in your country.

This shipment as been considered dutiable by the Nigerian customs Service. The shipment information, duty and other applicable charges are as stated below:-

Origin:             Fedex Air Mail              Content:  video camera

Consignor:                    

Consignee:        

Pieces:             1                                                

Duty Rate           0.00 USD

ETLS                  0.00 USD

NAC Amount:     50.00 USD

Surcharge:       0.00   USD

VAT Amount:  200.00 USD

Processing:     100.00 USD

Interventio:      50.00  USD

Demurrage:       0.00  USD

Total Duty:       400.00 USD                                                                                           

As soon as we have received the MTCN from you, we will deliver the item back to your country with the sender's address found on the item.

Receiver's Name-               EBENGE GODWIN

1Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)

2. Sender's Name and Address....

3. Security Question:         What For?

4. Answer:                    Good

5. Amount?                   $400.00 USD

6. State:                     Lagos

7. Country:                   Nigeria

Kindly effect payment of the charge in any Western Union Office Nation Wide,and as soon as you send the money we will ship the item back to you, effective from the date of this letter. This is to avoid the transfer of this shipment to Government warehouses required by regulations.if you have any question do not hesitate to reply us at 

EBENGE GODWIN
(Chief Commander)
Sincerely,

Commander
EBENGE GODWIN
Nigeria Custom.

EBENGE GODWIN
(Chief Commander)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.