E-Check Am I being Tricked?

JamesGordy
Contributor
Contributor

Now I know this is going to sound completely Ridiculous and Stupid, And I really Want some Feedback on this Matter.

If anyone has ever heard of  4chan they'll know posting your Email or paypal info is one of the most stupidest things to do ever. So I created this account because I didn't want to be spammed... So I was asking for donations on something I needed, And Walla! Some man from Canada Sent me 25 Canadian about 22 Dollars American. Now the thing is it was supposed to be sent as a gift but he sent me it as an E-Check, Maybe this is because he didn't have enough money in his paypal, I really don't know. Now here the Problem if I sign up my Real bank account with this paypal I'm afraid he'll will dispute the claim when I transfer the money to my bank-account and there's the problem if he does I'm going to overdraw my bank. And its WellsFargo so they have a tendency to rip people off for 30-60 dollars even when its only a buck over. And I really don't want to take the Risk but I really need that money! So I'm asking you guys am I going to run into problems will he dispute it for some laughs. What will happen I simply don't know.

Simply Put it should I ignore the money and pass it by or am I safe from this Trickery?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, you have 2 issues there - echecks and payment reversals.

You're never safe from reversals, at least during the period when a credit card can be charged back.  So you have to take the risk on that.

echecks are normal methods of payment and less subject to reversal than credit cards.  Once it's cleared, the money's yours.

I suggest leaing paypal the way it is until your echeck has cleared, THEN attaching the bank account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, you have 2 issues there - echecks and payment reversals.

You're never safe from reversals, at least during the period when a credit card can be charged back.  So you have to take the risk on that.

echecks are normal methods of payment and less subject to reversal than credit cards.  Once it's cleared, the money's yours.

I suggest leaing paypal the way it is until your echeck has cleared, THEN attaching the bank account.

Login to Me Too

JamesGordy
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your Feedback! you've helped me make the decision to wait.

kudos to you sir!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.