Craigslist scam??

heavenmade72
New Community Member
Trying to sell rings and wedding dress on Craigslist. This is the email I received. I am pretty sure it is a scam. I don't think I should give MY paypal information. Should they give me theirs and I will charge their paypal?
Hi Seller,
Good to hear from you  and am paying you via paypal, i will add additional $150 to your asking price to cover the cost of Shipment to my friend via Express Mail Service(EMS) and also insure the package for safety delivery to my friend and when shipping the item to my friend please don't write the value of the item in the shipment paper because if you put the value on the shipment paper their will be another charges for my friend before they release the package.So email me with your paypal account to order for your payment asap, if this mode of payment is okay by you please delete the advert from craigslist..And i will like to have your full name and address for record purpose as well
So for the future, if someone is legitimate and wants to pay throug paypal, how do I go about it? What information do they give me or what information should I get from them. NO WAY I am giving my full name and address!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

BeSmart

Apparently, Sharon Kyle, World Wide Speed PostLisa Xavier, Oludele Fadare, or Mayowa are fake and either all work together or are the same person/company/agent or shipper and are in the scam together. Wow is there a lot of complaints against Oludele Fadare on the internet. Thankfully someone posted this scammer on the internet. All you have to do is type in the shipping company agent, in my case it was  ( Mayowa  Fadare,  7951 riggs road h3,  Hyattsville,  Maryland, 20783). I just typed the address in google and up came a warning called "RE Craigs list scam ??...e2-Paypal community" THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH WHO EVER DID THAT!!!!! This scammer asks you to pay for the agent or shipping fees, and he/she sends payment for all fees and item payment to Paypal then subsequently the money for the item and the reimbursement  for the shipping fee is held at paypal until the fees are sent to the shipper from the seller (me). Then after you send the money via Western Union tor the shipping Co. to come pick up the items, the scammer simply does not pick up items. They then cancel the transaction with Paypal after you have already sent the shipping fee to them . I would have been out the money I sent to the shipping company and the money the scammer sent to me through Paypal. Be Careful! AND THANK YOU TO ALL WHO POSTED HERE ABOUT THIS SCAM

Login to Me Too

Winshorty1
New Community Member

I also have had this contact wanting to duy a $30,000.00 RV sight unseen.

Hi thanks for reply, i am a marine engineer, i am at sea right now. I am buying this for my Son as a  gift. I can  only pay through paypal at the moment as i don't have access tomy bank account online(i don't  have internet banking with it), but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments, and if you don't have a paypal account yet, you can set one up at www.paypal.com it cant take you less than 3mins to do that, i will be expecting your paypal   email so l can pay.  I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted, and also do get back
to me with your best offer. l will be waiting for your reply asap
Login to Me Too

huntershaw123
New Community Member

i also have the same thing trying to happen to me its from a email address **email address removed**

Receiver's Name:Love Smith

Address:Block 219 Flat 4 Jakande Estate,Oke Afa, City:Isolo
State:Lagos State.
Zip/Postal code:23401.

Login to Me Too

VJSeven
New Community Member

Just got one of these for a sofa I was selling on Craigslist....so evidently it doesn't have to be a small item you are selling either.  Glad I checked here as I hadn''t heard of this scam - but was suspicious.  Here is the version I received - good to share so we all are the wiser:

Thanks For Getting back to me ..I am buying this funiture for my brother as i promised him early of this year and i am a military presently on a mission,and due to ethics of this mission, phone calls,and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this posting.I really want it to be a surprise for my brother so i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it.i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it,I don't mind paying additional $50 for it in order for you to take  the ad down from craigslist and also to be assured that it is already mine.i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the item and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you used for the registration with paypal so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payments.

Login to Me Too

Hippie
Contributor
Contributor
the only thing i will add to my previous post is send all bogus emails to the PAYPAL fraud dept... and always remember put in your ad... CASH ONLY......MUST MEET IN PERSON !! NO WIRE TRANSFERS OR OTHER MEANS OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED that way u wont get scammed....hopefully 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.