Can a buyer reclaim their money?

capturedimage
New Community Member

My wifes farther recently died,  and we are selling his truck.  I been asked if we will take paypal.  Since theis is a large amount of money I understand people not want to carry cash, but I'm concerned that some how they will be able to dispuite the claim, or something and we'll be out the truck and the money , and I'll have to answer to the rest of the family.

Should I make sure they are verified, or wait until the money is transfered to my bank, etc.... 

thanks for any help, suggestions

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

My condolences on your loss.

That's a scam.

It can develop different ways, but at its most basic level, if the person picks the truck up, you'll have no online verifiable proof of delivery, so the person can claim non-delivery and get a full refund.

Accept cash only.  If the person doesn't want to carry cash around, they can get POSTAL money orders instead and you can go to the Post office and verify their authenticity before you hand him the keys.  (There will be a lot of money orders, each one is limited to $250, I think.)

Cashier's checks are NOT the same - they can be forged.

Login to Me Too

capturedimage
New Community Member

Thanks,

Thats what I thought and after reading though the paypal use agreements etc... have decided we will not use paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.