Bradys Depot purchase

bobbysgirl1
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased  from a  Bradys Depot listing on Craigslist?   bradysdepot.com.  They want $ deposited to PayPal thru Green Dot Money Packs.  How safe is this type of transaction?

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

@gathercoledust wrote:

Hello, I have fallen prey to this scam. It is very embarrassing.  My husband and I found a fabulous deal on a treadmill on craigslist that seemed too good to be true and it looks like it indeed was. We got the greendot card and paid $780. After paying for the item there was no confirmation email. I have called and left messages and they are apparently too busy spending my and others' money to answer the phone. There is no response to emails either. 

Does anyone know who to contact; is there an internet police?!?

hello,i didnt check out the company on topic but as you know greendot is real and works fine,so there costomer service does exist and can be called,also no there is not an internet police,there are many alternative depending on your route of problem,since this involves your credit card and a purchase,1 you bought on crais list,craigs list is the #1 warning disclaimer fully explaing in huge red flashing banner in every page and transmision,WARNING ,BUY LOCAL ,MANY SCAMMERS USE SITE ECT,WARNING,and a bunch of other words,you have to know this,so craigs list is not at fault,2 greendot,your account should show an activity of purchase and maby you can stop it or cancell,i can almost garrantee you will not be able to,sorry i have done everything i could to make greendot and paypal stop a payment ,HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA.as time goes by it gets easier to laugh,so,state attorney,bbb,ect obviously you want to cancel your card also,you can withdraw any funds first,online outright theft can be hard if they are using a king proxy,[oh to whom it may concern that apparently is a hacking tool to surf accounts unnoticed,paypal just mas emailed us from similar name about my money market account,no worries though ,completly unrelated ,or at least the good news is yes it is paypal sponsered email,so it will be hard to trace them,yesthe fbiis suposed to deal with this,check for there website link,if you can not resolve this with seller than you need to prove some adress that a local police could check,otherwise this seller may be on cayman islands,im curious  now and i guess will see whois bradysdepote?[peace

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

@gnosy wrote:

@gathercoledust wrote:

Hello, I have fallen prey to this scam. It is very embarrassing.  My husband and I found a fabulous deal on a treadmill on craigslist that seemed too good to be true and it looks like it indeed was. We got the greendot card and paid $780. After paying for the item there was no confirmation email. I have called and left messages and they are apparently too busy spending my and others' money to answer the phone. There is no response to emails either. 

Does anyone know who to contact; is there an internet police?!?

hello,i didnt check out the company on topic but as you know greendot is real and works fine,so there costomer service does exist and can be called,also no there is not an internet police,there are many alternative depending on your route of problem,since this involves your credit card and a purchase,1 you bought on crais list,craigs list is the #1 warning disclaimer fully explaing in huge red flashing banner in every page and transmision,WARNING ,BUY LOCAL ,MANY SCAMMERS USE SITE ECT,WARNING,and a bunch of other words,you have to know this,so craigs list is not at fault,2 greendot,your account should show an activity of purchase and maby you can stop it or cancell,i can almost garrantee you will not be able to,sorry i have done everything i could to make greendot and paypal stop a payment ,HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA.as time goes by it gets easier to laugh,so,state attorney,bbb,ect obviously you want to cancel your card also,you can withdraw any funds first,online outright theft can be hard if they are using a king proxy,[oh to whom it may concern that apparently is a hacking tool to surf accounts unnoticed,paypal just mas emailed us from similar name about my money market account,no worries though ,completly unrelated ,or at least the good news is yes it is paypal sponsered email,so it will be hard to trace them,yesthe fbiis suposed to deal with this,check for there website link,if you can not resolve this with seller than you need to prove some adress that a local police could check,otherwise this seller may be on cayman islands,im curious  now and i guess will see whois bradysdepote?[peace

you need to imediatly notify possible the fbi may be your only legal imediat help,this depotemay be a 100% fraud,my little research does not look good,even though there website is real and has products i asure you as a semi educated ecomerce and scam artist ,bait switch,adsense ,ect,this i a scam theft,the website is fake,i dont believe it is real,it cost 10$ to start a sub domain,there dotcom,they just got 700$ from you,?that buys 7000 new websites and names and emails ect,thi is a theft,no reputuble or even ecuse me,NO SELLERS SELL ON CRAIS LIST IF THEY HAVE A VALID STORE,CRAIGS LIST IS FOR LOCAL BARTER AND OR PURCHASE,all sellers that have a valid website especially high end items regardles of were they came from would not be on craigs list,paypal payspeople to post there link on there site,this means nothing for there reputation of site,paypal allows anyone any ae anywere to start an account,it is just a bunch of typing after all,paypal only gets proof of personal information from existing sellers and posible a buyer with an old account,deal with this imediatly,this morning,peace,im sorry for this stress and any worseing i may have made your day,peace

Login to Me Too

TJRider
Contributor
Contributor

As a victim, I suggest you report this to: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx. This is a government website.  You need to keep track of everything that went on and let them know email addresses, phone numbers, etc.  Always remember, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is a scam/hoax.   Beware of anyone leaving messages or writing ads on Craigs List that you cannot read, understand, or have many spelling errors.  They are usually written by foreigners that are not fluent in our language and they may lead you to other scams!  I have reported this to the manufacture  of the Gorilla playsets and they have reported this to law enforcement as well.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

InterestedParty,

Excellent question!  PayPal, as with any company, is always interested in the abuse or mis-use of it's name or brand. Thank you for your vigilance in this matter and I commend you for helping educate our members on what could be a poor experience and a financial loss. 

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Tapntx

Just go do a Whois domain search and it will tell you what you need to know. The short version is it is a total scam!!!!

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

@Tapntx wrote:

Just go do a Whois domain search and it will tell you what you need to know. The short version is it is a total scam!!!!

WARNING,DO NOT DO A WHOIS, DO NOT TRACE SITE,IT IS ALL HACK AND SCAM,,, EVEN WHOIS LINKS TO SITE ARE TO A FRAUD SITE,THE ADRESS FROM DEPOTE THAT SENDS OUT PRODUCT IS TOTTAL FRAUD INCLUDING LINK AND LOCAL PICKUP LINK, SEE AT LEAST THEY HAVE A WAT TO SHIP///

FAA Registered Aircraft:3
  • Aircraft: DIAMOND AIRCRAFT IND GMBH DA 42 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (Reciprocating)
    N-Number: 158TS , Serial Number: 42.137, Year manufactured: 2006, Airworthiness Date: 07/07/2006
    Registrant (Corporation): Waveland Equipment Leasing LLC, 202 Bienville Dr, Waveland, MS 39576
  • Aircraft: DIAMOND AIRCRAFT IND INC DA 40 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
    N-Number: 361DS , Serial Number: 40.261
    Registrant (Corporation): Waveland Equipment Leasing LLC, 202 Bienville Dr, Waveland, MS 39576
  • Aircraft: CESSNA 172K (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
    N-Number: 79932 , Serial Number: 17258259, Year manufactured: 1969, Airworthiness Date: 05/07/1969
    Registrant (Individual): Reported Sale, 926 Highway 90, Waveland, MS 39576

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Waveland-Mississippi.html#ixzz1CcXGewpx   this is a outrite theft,im almost thinking anyone whome says to do whois must know this?there is dot com site also withc is were all false links circle around each other,this waveland is reference of shipping site,it is name all over country also it is in this forum,and is using tracking product

Login to Me Too

TJRider
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like the FBI should be looking into this.  I found a Craigs List add in Phoenix AZ.  They are doing this all across the US.  I did not fall pray to them, but I suggest anyone that is a victim report this to: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.

Login to Me Too

cherbear
New Community Member

SCAM!

I have read about this on onther sites. SCAM!!!!!!!   I answered the ad on Craigslist too. I thought maybe it was a used unit. Why would they sell $2,500 play units for $500?

Login to Me Too

mccoy2708
New Community Member

FYI,  the same people are also working under the name Mall of Olympia at mallofolympia.com and claiming local pickup out  of Humble, Texas.  The ads I saw on craigslist.com didn't have anything listed but the product and price so I emailed them via the email address listed on the ad.  When they sent me the website, I tried to research it to see if there were reviews, and NOTHING came up online, which was a big red flag to me.  I went to the site's FAQs and the questions all had Brady's Depot in them, so I searched that name and found this discussion about the scam they are running.

Login to Me Too

LukeCarter
New Community Member

I found similar characteristics , indeed entire copied passages, between a site called directhomegym.com and mallofolympia.com. I am assuming these are the same craigslist scam artists as mentioned earlier in this post. all of their "security" links are bogus and they have no bbb seal, and no reviews, are fraudulently using the visa/mastercard logos, but will only accept payment by greendot, which is INSECURE and non-refundable. Once you use that card, the cash is gone: even if you used your credit card to pay for the green dot transaction, it is not insured, because the green dot transaction withe your credit card was not the scam, the purchase with the greendot card will be, though. 

I'm glad I found this thread, I might have fallen for it also. I can't say enough, If it sounds to good to be true (and it has no review) then IT IS!!!!  The bad thing is, once a few people catch on, they'll just copy their site to a new URL and we'll be none the wiser, UNLESS you begin looking for these common characteristics, then you'll have the drop on them and know before you are HAD. 

Peace

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.