Bank paid to Paypal, but Paypal doesn't show record of purchase

Readergirl
New Community Member

My bank account shows they paid PayPal for a transaction but there is no record of that transaction in my account. According to MY records I didn't buy anything, but my bank says they paid Paypal for a purchase. Who can I talk to about this?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

penderpics
New Community Member

IMMEDIATELY CALL YOUR BANK AND STOP THE PAYMENT.  You have had your account hacked..

Login to Me Too

pojo
New Community Member

I am sorry I don't have an answer for you. I have the same problem. I am concerned about withdrawals from my bank in the name of Paypal with no record in my Paypal account history. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi folks,

If you're seeing transactions on your bank statement that are not reflecting in your PayPal account, give Customer Solutions a call. If there's a debit card associated with your bank account, a CS rep can look in the system to see if someone used that card without your knowledge or authorization. If so, they can help you get the ball rolling to get covered. PayPal covers unauthorized transactions 100%!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Danno61
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I think someone got my credit card information and opened up another paypal account with my credit card.  This makes it so that they are using papal to fraudulently charge my credit card. 

I tried to find a number to call, but didn't have any luck.  Can paypal look for more than one account that has the same credit card information?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Danno61,

If you click Contact Us at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click Call Us, you can either log in or continue without logging in to get a number. Yes, they certainly can find all activity associated with your credit card number if it happened within the PayPal system!

Good luck. I'm sure that a rep can get this sorted out for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

whitwhit88
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me this morning.  Good thing I work at the bank that I bank at! I blocked the card so nothing else can happen and I tried contacting paypal and they told me to call back later tonight.  Let's see what they say tonight.

Login to Me Too

Danno61
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

First, I called the credit card company and they are not going to press the fraudulent charges made to my account.  However, I'm still worried that this will affect my credit rating.

I'm also still annoyed that this occured, so I tried to find out more.  I did get hold of PayPal customer service, and they did find another account that used my credit card.  The first customer service representative wouldn't talk to me about the second account since I didn't know the email and telephone number that was using my credit card.  She did transfer me to another representative that was a lot more helpful.  She traced the fraudulent transactions to the second, fraudulent, account.  Using that, she blocked access to the fraudulent account. 

There were also non-PayPal transactions on the same days as the fraudulent transaction to St Jude's children's hospital for $1.  I called St Jude's and they were able to refund these transactions as the thieves were using their charity to verify my credit card was still valid before hitting it again. 

I'm still kind of annoyed that I can't get any further information on the transactions that were made in my name, accessing my credit card, and billing my account.  Why is PayPal protect the thieves?  Has PayPal filed a report with some law enforcement agency?  Is there any way I can follow my money and get their information?  (You'd think that this would only be right, huh?) 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Danno61,

Well, here's one of the many factors that influences our need to protect the information in our system. For all we know, they may have used information belonging to another victim as well as yours. We can give you the information necessary to dispute the charges (or determine if they're valid) once we've verified key pieces of information to confirm that the card is yours. We can also prevent further use of the card. If it is necessary to pursue things in a criminal investigation, the information is on file and flagged and protected, and ready to give to the authorities. We cooperate fully with law enforcement. If you file a police report and the officer determines that the information we have is necessary, the information can be obtained through proper channels by the officer.

Reporting to your credit card company that your card was stolen or compromised is important, so if it's used outside of PayPal, your credit card company can also protect you.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.