Anyone been taken by FILESERVE.COM

haodoken
New Community Member

Anyone else have this problem?  I recently received an email from Fileserve.com telling my my account has fraudulent activity and therefore is being downgraded from Premium Account to a Free Account (with download limits, slow speed, etc.)  I paid for a year of premium service but just after 4 months, my account has been effectively been closed by fileserve.  They have given no reason except fraud.  No specifics etc. 

This is the email I got from them.

"As part of our effort to provide fair and honest business to all, our system has recently scanned all accounts that were believed to have such fraudulent activities.  This is why your account was dropped from Premium to Free status. If you do not remember to have done such acts from your account, it maybe someone who had accessed to or someone you shared to did so. To avoid this from happening again make sure to pay attention to your account’s security. You may check our Terms of Use for further information regarding this issue.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email directly. "

Hopefully this will serve as a warning to those who would use FILESERVE.  Stay away!  

They will not give a refund for any months remaining.

Also, there is no paypal resolution for this.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Smooth781
New Community Member

They got me too . they will wait till after the 45 days has gone by so you can not go back to paypal. Then they send you the email that your account have been downgraded. Funny Hotfile did the same thing to me and I just started paying more by going month to month. They never bothered me again, And I use it the same way I always do. they want you to go month to onth and pay more. They are just trying to get every dollar then can from people. Paypal should stand behind us more when something like this happens.

Login to Me Too

Arthas-Sama
New Community Member

My account was canceled too for no reason, they didn't send me an email or nothing.

I used my account just for downloading and I didn't shared my account, so I don't know how this could happen. I bought a year of premium membership in July...

Login to Me Too

muffinb
New Community Member

I have the same problem, when I try to log in I get the message that I violated the terms and conditions.  I have done nothing different since I fist started the account.

I got no email or anything.  Just booted.  What's up with that?

I have sent 3 emails to them and have gotten no response.

Login to Me Too

skalie
New Community Member

i have the same problem...ive been taken from fileserve and i want my money back

oure is there somebody who can help me

Login to Me Too

bruttas
New Community Member

i don't know if this community is useful or not, but FILESERVE.com canceled my account as well, just like that, with no prior notice or something like that...

Login to Me Too

kmane
New Community Member

I have the same problem, my fileserve account was downgraded to free after only 1 week, i paid for 2 years of service a few weeks ago.

Anybody get their money back from fileserve?

Login to Me Too

JonyMark
New Community Member

most of downloading company like Rapidshare fileseerve filesonic not accept download from different IP at the same time

if your premum account is stolen or used from OTHERS ;such thing can happen

I remmebr when I had hotfile account and made MASSIVE download ; they downgrade it to free account after 3 days only !!

and several time rapidshare block my account and  Ihad to talk to the reseller to re-activate it

now I have fileserve since 2 years and every thing is fine ; and same for uploading.com and every thing is fine with filesonic too since 3 months untill now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.