2005 Jeep Cherokee for ONLY $4,600 posted in The Baton Rouge Advocate Newpaper; PAYPAL ONLY

Quietstorm
New Community Member

Does this sound like a scam?

The SUV is at the shipping co. in Jefferson City,Mo sealed and ready to ship it,as I got a new job and moved here to start over.I've signed up with PayPal so the payment will be submitted via their services. I'm very busy with my job, so I can't meet you in person,reason for why I chose to sell my SUV online.
If you want to continue,I will need your name&address. After I receive your info, I'll forward it to PayPal and they will send us both invoices. PayPal will instruct you on how to make a refundable payment. They hold the funds until the SUV is delivered to buyer, inspected and until he confirms that has received the SUV in it's described condition. You will have 5 days to decide if you want to keep it, and if PayPal should release the money to me or not. If for any reason you won't like the SUV (I don't see that happening) PayPal will refund you and I will instruct the shipping co. to store the SUV until I find a new buyer. It's not necessary to ship the SUV back. If you want to buy it,please send me your info so we can proceed.

Thank you, Thanks for being interested in buying my SUV and excuse me for replying so late, but i just came back from holiday! It`s in perfect condition,no scratches,damages, never been implicated in any accidents, it has only 44,550 miles and the price is $4,600.It has a clear title, free of any liens or loans. Because of my divorce settlement,i own this SUV and as a woman without driver`s license i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why i`m selling it so cheap). We will use PayPal for our protection, i want only legit transactions. Let me know where are you located,maybe we can organize an inspection.
Have a great day!

SELLER COMMENTS
It is firefighter owned and extremely well taken care of. All oil changes were used with only the finest synthetic oil. All paperwork and receipts for upgrades are well documented. Clean title.  adriana.desouza

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

ShannonW
Contributor
Contributor

This is the exact name that I have for her/ him.  The car I was inquiring about was an 07 Grand Chereokee with 51,700 miles on it for $4900.

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,that is an exellent point about info bing possible fake therfore posting it could hurt wrong person ect,i never thought about that,it is so true,that is what hackers do ,use others names,thanks,peace

Login to Me Too

brooktrout
Contributor
Contributor

SAME ADD PLACED IN THE DENVER POST classified section 1/20/11.

I attempted to buy it and revieved the same e-mails listed previously. I have now recieved the Paypal emails requesting the money be wired to a bank. I can not find anyone at Paypal to verify the transaction. The entire process seems to circumvent Paypal system. This is a scam for sure.

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

,NOOO,it is  it is a tottal scam,they are sending you fake emails,PAYPAL WOULD DOES NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ANYONE,YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED OR IN PROCESS,DAMM,DONT YOU THINK ABOUT RESEARCH,SO LISTEN,FIRST OFF DID YOU GIVE THIS PERSON YOUR EMAIL?YES.OK IT HACKED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND IS SENDING YOU FAKE EMAILS,CHECK EMAIL FOR WHO SENT IT,IT WILL BE HIDDEN IN TOP OF YOUR EMAIL,SEE IF PAYPAL.COM SIGNED EMIL ASKING FOR YOU TO SEND TO A BANK ACCOUNT,THIS IS A SCAM,PAYPAL WILL ONLY SEND YOUR OWN MONEY TO YOUR ADRESS IN THE FORM OF A CHECK,TO GIVE OR MAKE A PAYMENT IT GOES THROUGH PAYPAL,PAYPAL WOULD NEVER ASK YOU TO USE ANOTHER PROCCESOR,SO,PAYPAL IS NOT TELLIN YOU TO WIRE MONEY TO A BANK,YOUR EMAIL HAS BEEN COMPREMISED AND ALSO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT,THIS IS HORRIBLE PAYPAL WILL NOT TELL YOU THIS,DO ANYTHING YOU CAN ,NOW ,TODAY,THIS MORNING ABOUT STOPING PAYMENT IF YOU HAVE DONE SO IN A REAL BANK STOP IT ,ALSO NOTIFY PAYPAL ABOUT EMAIL ACCOUNT ECT ALSO CHECK FOR FBI LINK HERE IN FORUM,THIS IS THEFT,PLEASE STOP

@brooktrout wrote:

SAME ADD PLACED IN THE DENVER POST classified section 1/20/11.

I attempted to buy it and revieved the same e-mails listed previously. I have now recieved the Paypal emails requesting the money be wired to a bank. I can not find anyone at Paypal to verify the transaction. The entire process seems to circumvent Paypal system. This is a scam for sure.

Login to Me Too

mdx3ks

I have found one other post regarding what appears to be the same seller..

The email is Exactly the same as I received..

The title for the other thread is

2005 Jeep Cherokee for ONLY $4,600 posted in The Baton Rouge Advocate Newpaper; PAYPAL ONLY

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/FPS/message-id/4364

My posting was in the Salt Lake City Tribune

Here is the email:

The SUV is at the shipping co. in Jefferson City,Mo sealed and ready to ship it,as I got a new job and moved here to start over.I've signed up with PayPal so the payment will be submitted via their services. I'm very busy with my job, so I can't meet you in person,reason for why I chose to sell my SUV online.
If you want to continue,I will need your name&address. After I receive your info, I'll forward it to PayPal and they will send us both invoices. PayPal will instruct you on how to make a refundable payment. They hold the funds until the SUV is delivered to buyer, inspected and until he confirms that has received the SUV in it's described condition. You will have 5 days to decide if you want to keep it, and if PayPal should release the money to me or not. If for any reason you won't like the SUV (I don't see that happening) PayPal will refund you and I will instruct the shipping co. to store the SUV until I find a new buyer. It's not necessary to ship the SUV back. If you want to buy it,please send me your info so we can proceed.

Thank you, Thanks for being interested in buying my SUV and excuse me for replying so late, but i just came back from holiday! It`s in perfect condition,no scratches,damages, never been implicated in any accidents, it has only 44,550 miles and the price is $4,600.It has a clear title, free of any liens or loans. Because of my divorce settlement,i own this SUV and as a woman without driver`s license i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why i`m selling it so cheap). We will use PayPal for our protection, i want only legit transactions. Let me know where are you located,maybe we can organize an inspection.
Have a great day!

The name of the seller was Giselle Gavin

Once I started digging a little deeper that name, type of sale phone numbers and pretty much everything else involved were part of other scams that have been reported.  Please be careful and do not buy anything from this seller.

Login to Me Too

concerned_2
Contributor
Contributor

yup.....same thing happened to me.   Thanks for posting this to warn others!!! Hope the person gets caught

Login to Me Too

iansplanet
Contributor
Contributor

be aware of quaters   on ebay selling america the beautiful quarter mount hood. i bought it and paid him for it only to have him cancel sale and reoffer it for more money. lEbay/Paypal allowed him to do this without even asking for my evidece I had paid him. This is what often occurs and why you need to contact iansplanet for the class action that is being prepared.

Login to Me Too

mad_pyxie
New Community Member

This is absolutely a scam. The name being used is Rita Lorens, however if you google that name, same vehicle, phone number, other minor details, you'll see it's being sold all over the country. Actually, they're using multiple high demand vehicles, multiple sites and advertising in multiple locations. Each look like the ultimate goal is to get people to send money through PayPal...

Apparently someone learned from their recent mistakes and they'll now offer to meet for an inspection. I assume agreeing to meet will result in some difficulty, but here's my email:

Thanks for being interested in buying my suv! It`s in perfect condition,no scratches,damages, never been implicated in any accidents, it has only 102,961 miles and the price is $4,200.It has a clear title, free of any liens or loans. Because of my divorce settlement,i own this suv and as a woman without driver`s license i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why i`m selling it so cheap). We will use PayPal for our protection, i want only legit transactions. Let me know where are you located,maybe we can organize an inspection.
Have a great day!

Login to Me Too

concerned_2
Contributor
Contributor

I also found an ad like this online. same wording when i sent an inquiry. i was so excited to think i could be so lucky, but now i am GRATEFUL to all the people who have posted under this topic. obviously this is a giant scam. This car was posted by a "Giselle". It is a 2008 honda civic with under 20,000 miles. I also ran a carfax and found the car was registered in Michigan last December, but now it is SUPPOSEDLY ready to ship from MO. right.

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

see nigerian scam,this is a scam

@Quietstorm wrote:

Does this sound like a scam?

Have a great day!

SELLER COMMENTS
It is firefighter owned and extremely well taken care of. All oil changes were used with only the finest synthetic oil. All paperwork and receipts for upgrades are well documented. Clean title.  adriana.desouza

THIS IS A COMON SCAM,SEE NIGERIAN SCAM,IT IS A SCAM,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.